GlockTalk Forum banner

9641 - 9660 of 10254 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Tonight is a Brisket of Beef Burgers on Tosted Seseme Seed Bun, with American Cheese, Grill Red Onion, Grilled Jalapino Peppers on top, very messy. On side Avacado Infused Devil Eggs. Will wash down with Cold Beer.

Did not take any photos, but the Brisket Burgers were from Base Commissary, and let's say I will buy again, because they were so GREAT. YUM YUM.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Amigo, I eat Snake (rattler) frog legs, and all manner of wild game out here on the place, and had enough BEEF over my life time, I am not to eager for it 'all the time' any more, and Calf fry's (mountain oysters) and all kinds of stuff....

But, I Ain't eatin brains, tongue, Pigs feet, or pickled buzzard eggs! LOL.
I draw the line at this stuff and anything that looks, smells, or tates, slimy! No thanks! ;)
HA.

CM
:horse:
I tried chittlins and greens one time, and it tasted exactly like the brains, and had the very same response.

We grew up eating potato sausage, which is basically ground up pork kidneys and diced potatoes and onion fried. You serve that with toast and grape jelly, and I really liked that. Rocky Mountain Oysters, fried chicken gizzards, damn good eating there.

I can eat almost anything, and am game to try most anything new. But brains and chittlins are on my No Go list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I tried chittlins and greens one time, and it tasted exactly like the brains, and had the very same response.

We grew up eating potato sausage, which is basically ground up pork kidneys and diced potatoes and onion fried. You serve that with toast and grape jelly, and I really liked that. Rocky Mountain Oysters, fried chicken gizzards, damn good eating there.

I can eat almost anything, and am game to try most anything new. But brains and chittlins are on my No Go list.

I’ve been really curious about Rocky Mountain oysters, but have no idea where to begin finding them in my area

·
In The Saddle
7,114 Posts

LOL.
Amen! Agreed. Sound Wisdom amigo...! ;)

CM

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
It's cold enough for some sausage gravy and biscuits.

·
Why so serious?
64,718 Posts
It starts with bacon...

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Why so serious?
64,718 Posts
Finished.

Fried garden Cabbage and garden brussel sprouts, bacon, black garlic, salt & ground pepper.

·
In The Saddle
7,114 Posts
Amigo, you always do 'great on the grub..' I like 'this above' greatly, and you had me "hooked," on that first pic with the bacon... 'until' you got to cabbage and brussel sprouts. Gave the folks fits growin up over me not eating the greens. haha. But you did a great job there ! ;)

Enjoy it for me!

CM

Reactions: TBO

·
In The Saddle
7,114 Posts
Well, I am a blessed man. Mrs CM and I had a wonderful day together today since she was off again from clinic. Then I worked on her truck and that went well, then came in the house and found she had blessed me with the ... Tortillas/meat/cheese/ tortillas /meat cheese/ repeat a few times, really great stuff she made! What a great ending to the day, from a very lovely (in many ways) wife! ;)

CM

IMG_7470.jpg

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Finished.

Fried garden Cabbage and garden brussel sprouts, bacon, black garlic, salt & ground pepper.

I saw that and was thinking if there were fried potatoes in there with it that I might of fried some eggs, sunny side up, to place on top of a plate of that hash.

But I bet it was really good like you did it, and I don’t normally care for Brussels sprouts that much. (To damn many canned brussel sprouts and canned Lima beans growing up. My folks would buy flats of canned veggies without labels because they were cheap. You guessed it, canned Lima beans and brussel sprouts.)

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Hamburger steak, tomato/avocado salad, sliced cantaloupe. That's peach nectar in the mug.

View attachment 855018
Hamburger steak, isn't that just a fancy way of saying hamburger patty with out the bun? :whistling: :couch: Just jerking your chain! Looks good!

Reactions: CanyonMan and TBO
9641 - 9660 of 10254 Posts