GlockTalk Forum banner

9541 - 9560 of 10301 Posts

·
AAAMAD
30,436 Posts
View attachment 852168

Lemon rice with chicken souvlaki, peas and peppers.

Aren’t that many mezze pepper rings a little over powering for something like chicken souvlaki?

Otherwise looks good. I’d like to hear your recipe. Turns out a little different than mine

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,596 Posts
Well I did everything to a "T" exactly as I said, heck I even got some cherry pie for tomorrow. Here are my pics.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's last call for the hummers no pics tonight, I got some serious eating to do as I was so busy I never had anything to eat. Later.

·
Registered
23,887 Posts
I’d like to hear your recipe.
I really like peppers. The recipe is just chicken fried in commercial souvlaki seasoning and lemon juice. With rice cooked in lemon juice.

My secret is the lemon juice. I juice it myself but I use a Pure brand juicer. It squeezes the entire lemon with 5800 pounds of pressure. I get the juice from the pulp but also oils from the rind and oils from the pith without the bitterness of the white part of the pith. It is awesome juice for cooking.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,596 Posts
I really like peppers. The recipe is just chicken fried in commercial souvlaki seasoning and lemon juice. With rice cooked in lemon juice.

My secret is the lemon juice. I juice it myself but I use a Pure brand juicer. It squeezes the entire lemon with 5800 pounds of pressure. I get the juice from the pulp but also oils from the rind and oils from the pith without the bitterness of the white part of the pith. It is awesome juice for cooking.
Well after all that did the lemon talk, you know, spill the beans? JK, but another rocket scientist among us. Great work.

·
AAAMAD
30,436 Posts
So here’s mine used a bunch of fresh garlic, oregano, rosemary, sweet paprika, salt, olive oil, white wine, and some lemon juice. Mixed up fresh this morning to let the chicken marinate all day, and then slow roasted on the rotisserie on the grill with the vegetables. Add some tzatziki, and a pita and ready for the table.

3E670C5D-BB43-4F2E-9199-55F3D2BD11B4.jpeg

Eating like a fat kid tonight.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,550
Nothing.
Too long to explain, so don't ask.
Why? I'm nosy. And I have plenty of time.

So here’s mine used a bunch of fresh garlic, oregano, rosemary, sweet paprika, salt, olive oil, white wine, and some lemon juice. Mixed up fresh this morning to let the chicken marinate all day, and then slow roasted on the rotisserie on the grill with the vegetables. Add some tzatziki, and a pita and ready for the table.

That does look good.

But you need to wash your hands and scrub under your fingernails before you eat.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,552
Reactions: steve1911 and TBO

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,554
I am not about to take food away from people who actually need it. I can skip a meal here and there, it won't hurt me.
So you are not destitute, but sometimes can't afford to eat?

I think you need to re-examine your expenditures.
Just saying.

Reactions: TBO

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,556
I have already said elsewhere that I am the only one to blame for my current predicament.
I understand sweetie. And I just said a prayer for you.

If you can scrape together some loose change you can afford a box of Ramen noodles and a can of Dinty Moore beef stew to put on top. A filling meal.

Reactions: TBO

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,558
9541 - 9560 of 10301 Posts