GlockTalk Forum banner

9521 - 9540 of 10290 Posts

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,591 Posts
Well I'm having a Dirty Moore special. Why? Because I put up the new feeder and decided to be aggressive as far as location. I was on the second level of patio maybe 7 feet from the feeders and it was getting to last call. It was worth it and I won't mind having DMS at all.
IMGP0009.JPG

IMGP0010.JPG

Well he was looking right at me maybe 5 feet away. I think I will call him "Flash". The picture was taken at dusk and no flash but look at that irredesent candy apple red, wow! Daisy May above perched on lookout taken a little earlier.

Oh ya the DMS and I'm eating at 8:45pm, pretty late for me.
image.jpeg

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Knowing I was making beans and collards with ham hock this evening I stopped on the way home for some brisket to go with.

View attachment 851406
That looks great. Kinda takes me back in time; because it looks just like a meal my Mom would have plated at suppertime.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,525
The sweet peppers go nicely with the cheese and I love the added colors to the plate.
Your dishes are always colorful. I love the eye appeal.

Knowing I was making beans and collards with ham hock this evening I stopped on the way home for some brisket to go with.
Ooooooh looks yummy!

·
In The Saddle
7,135 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,135 Posts
Well I'm having a Dirty Moore special. Why? Because I put up the new feeder and decided to be aggressive as far as location. I was on the second level of patio maybe 7 feet from the feeders and it was getting to last call. It was worth it and I won't mind having DMS at all. View attachment 851502

View attachment 851504
Well he was looking right at me maybe 5 feet away. I think I will call him "Flash". The picture was taken at dusk and no flash but look at that irredesent candy apple red, wow! Daisy May above perched on lookout taken a little earlier.

Oh ya the DMS and I'm eating at 8:45pm, pretty late for me. View attachment 851570

Like this....
Bought a bunch of these a few months back in town.

Miss D.M. Looking good amigo. Good job as well. Whatta we goin to do when she moves? This has been a cool saga to follow... ;)

CM
:horse:

IMG_7446.jpg

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,591 Posts
Like this....
Bought a bunch of these a few months back in town.

Miss D.M. Looking good amigo. Good job as well. Whatta we goin to do when she moves? This has been a cool saga to follow... ;)

CM

View attachment 851864
Well I know I am very new at all this but I think she may be staying. From the info I got there are a couple species of hummers that don't migrate. This area has fairly nice weather, well mild anyway when it gets to actual winter, temps rarely get below freezing at night. Even tho the time will change soon it can still stay in the 70s during the day. Right now there out there feeding at the older feeder, no takers yet on the new one. Right now it's 70 degrees, will top at 77 with almost no wind. Tomorrow maybe a couple degrees warmer.

Well since this is the supper thread I think tonight I will grill a NY Strip Steak, but I need to take it out of the freezer and actually put it in the kitchen windowsill for a little natural defrosting while still in it's brown wrapper, then I'll half it as it's too big for just one supper, other half grilled tomorrow night. I just went into my place from the patio and got that steak out of the freezer.
image.jpeg

Well see ya later.

PS: Well I just snapped six very good shots and guess what, "There's A New Kid In Town"(Eagles). I know for a fact, proof is how he acts around and on the feeder, no perching and doing hovering quick ins and outs within like 6 inches and he did that for 20 seconds at least. Some really great flying shots. He also has a much bigger irredecent reddish area seems to go almost around his neck, maybe an older male, different species? I will transfer the pics ASAP, but before supper for sure. Hot Damn!

·
In The Saddle
7,135 Posts
Well here the new guy is, pic taken a couple hours ago. View attachment 851984
View attachment 851998 View attachment 852000

Now I have a reason to grill that big fat steak and some killer beer to boot. Later.

Hummer King !
Man I'm impressed! Good job, and now a possible hubby for Miss D.M. !?!

I am thawing out some chicken, my wife said she will cook tonight when she gets home from the Clinic, and is going to make that 'crusted Chicken speacial' for me! Yeah real food tonight! Hate my own cooking.. Cause I stink at it! ha.

Get that steak goin and enjoy the Low flying show there amigo! ;)

CM

·
In The Saddle
7,135 Posts
Well I know I am very new at all this but I think she may be staying. From the info I got there are a couple species of hummers that don't migrate. This area has fairly nice weather, well mild anyway when it gets to actual winter, temps rarely get below freezing at night. Even tho the time will change soon it can still stay in the 70s during the day. Right now there out there feeding at the older feeder, no takers yet on the new one. Right now it's 70 degrees, will top at 77 with almost no wind. Tomorrow maybe a couple degrees warmer.

Well since this is the supper thread I think tonight I will grill a NY Strip Steak, but I need to take it out of the freezer and actually put it in the kitchen windowsill for a little natural defrosting while still in it's brown wrapper, then I'll half it as it's too big for just one supper, other half grilled tomorrow night. I just went into my place from the patio and got that steak out of the freezer. View attachment 851876

Well see ya later.

PS: Well I just snapped six very good shots and guess what, "There's A New Kid In Town"(Eagles). I know for a fact, proof is how he acts around and on the feeder, no perching and doing hovering quick ins and outs within like 6 inches and he did that for 20 seconds at least. Some really great flying shots. He also has a much bigger irredecent reddish area seems to go almost around his neck, maybe an older male, different species? I will transfer the pics ASAP, but before supper for sure. Hot Damn!

Steak sounds good...!
With weather like yours there that you are describing, man, the Hummers should stay around I would think, and good grilling weather!

Enjoy both tonight amigo! ;)

CM

·
Why so serious?
64,732 Posts
Black garlic steak, seared in cast iron pan, finished in oven in the pan.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Registered
18,151 Posts
Leftover mashed taters and beef tip gravy. Dessert is a piece of fresh baked brownie and a glass of milk.

9521 - 9540 of 10290 Posts