GlockTalk Forum banner

7981 - 8000 of 10274 Posts

·
Anti-Federalist
17,709 Posts
Well as the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words" or in this case 1,739 colorful beans.

I've found that soaking those for a day or two really cuts down on the emissions. I've got a couple bags put away around here somewhere.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I like the easy crock pot dinners. Yesterday, put some skinless chicken breasts in there, can of cream of mushroom soup, salt-pepper-italian dressing mix, let it run for a few hours. Then shredded the chicken and added a block of cream cheese let it go another hour and a half or so.

Made up some rice and ladled nice thick chicken chunk stuff over it. Deelish. Had it for lunch today too.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,709 Posts

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Man, I'm sorry boys and girls, but I would rather eat our rattlers and frog legs 'raw,' than eat anchovies...! I tried those little suckers once on a pizza I think it was, and almost threw up! LOL.

Tasted like a mouth full of salty slugs. (snails) HA.

Think I'll just stay a meat and taters guy! ;)

CM
:horse:
Well when I was 16 I was staying with some friends of my parents(Illinois) essentially they were my guardians for several months and I lived at their house atop a hill in Escondido, California. They had a small orange grove out back that went down hill to the horse coral. Beyond was a whole bunch of very cool places to ride or hike, lots of cliffs and rock formations.

I was hiking one day and I was surprised by a rattlesnake, I had never seen one before, I jumped back in time but it was close. I killed the rattler with rocks eventually smashing it's head. I carried it back to the house. One of the Marines staying at the house while recovering from a shrapnel wound to his shoulder while in Vietnam, helped me out with the rattler. Skinning it and then putting it on wire to stretch and keep in place while it,dried out, then a hatband was made. He then cooked the snake and we all had some for dinner. Well it does taste just like chicken...well pretty damn close, and I'd rather eat that than that f***ing escargot sh**!

While staying in Escondido, I shot my first rifle(22), learned to surf(At Carlsbad) and ride horses(Just a blanket on horse and a halter bit), those were some great days. Two years later I was in the USMC and in Vietnam.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,709 Posts
Pierogis...pastry-like shell packed with a potato puree, cheese, and love. :)

Still better than a Marine telling me about his Marine friend killing a rattler for dinner for other Marines in a Marine compound possibly creating new Marines that may or may not fought in Vietnam all while thanking him for his service...

Who doesn't love Pierogis?

Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,807 Posts
While staying in Escondido, I shot my first rifle(22), learned to surf(At Carlsbad) and ride horses(Just a blanket on horse and a halter bit), those were some great days. Two years later I was in the USMC and in Vietnam.
Charlie doesn't surf.

7wyM.gif

·
Director of civil unrest
8,590 Posts
What's left of my world famous meatloaf, more freshly made mashed 'taters and brown gravy. I'm thinking a volcano of mashed 'taters with crumbled up meatloaf on them and covered with gravy. MMmmmmmm!

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Finishing up the last of the goulash the lil woman made. And a BIG shout out to Mr flyover for mentioning the Worcestershire Sauce added to it, it was great! I added just a little bit, changed the flavor nicely. It actually gave it a little sweeter taste. Thank you Mr flyover, i`ll be adding some WS everytime we have goulash from now on.

;)

·
In The Saddle
7,126 Posts
Well when I was 16 I was staying with some friends of my parents(Illinois) essentially they were my guardians for several months and I lived at their house atop a hill in Escondido, California. They had a small orange grove out back that went down hill to the horse coral. Beyond was a whole bunch of very cool places to ride or hike, lots of cliffs and rock formations.

I was hiking one day and I was surprised by a rattlesnake, I had never seen one before, I jumped back in time but it was close. I killed the rattler with rocks eventually smashing it's head. I carried it back to the house. One of the Marines staying at the house while recovering from a shrapnel wound to his shoulder while in Vietnam, helped me out with the rattler. Skinning it and then putting it on wire to stretch and keep in place while it,dried out, then a hatband was made. He then cooked the snake and we all had some for dinner. Well it does taste just like chicken...well pretty damn close, and I'd rather eat that than that f***ing escargot sh**!

Great story amigo...!

As you (probably) observed, skinning that rattler is like skinning a catfish, then gut him, then thoroughly wash with cold water, cut into "link style" slices, and roll in cornbread and flour 50/50,
and deep fry...

Your snake skin is stretched, and we use borax, 'when' we have 'tanned' them in the past.
Sounds like you had a great time with that Marine, and a good meal and hat band to boot! ;)
Glad you also got to do some ridin as well, and glad you learned that bareback bronc needs a blanket on his back... Can't beat that!

Thanks for the story!
Thank you Hombre, for your service! ;)

CanyonMan
:horse:

Out here:

86308.jpg

!cid_001c01c9efb9$b3144c90$6564a8c0@Northwest2.jpg

!ATT5.jpg

IMG_00204444.jpg

IMG_088002.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
18,127 Posts
Pierogis...pastry-like shell packed with a potato puree, cheese, and love. :)
I haven't seen Pierogis in a long time. I have had them before, just not a favorite.

Reactions: xTerpx

·
Registered
18,127 Posts
Had a late dinner at Freddy's but I will warm up the leftover pasta after a bit.

7981 - 8000 of 10274 Posts