GlockTalk Forum banner

7961 - 7980 of 10274 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Well I still think that the NY Strip = Delmonico in Califonia. My eyes don't decieve me. Besides, the cuts here are Porterhouse, T-Bone, Filet-Mignon, Tri-Tip, and NY Strip and only the NY Strip looks very much like a Delmonico. Next I go to the local grocery store that has a superb butcher section(Uses Brown Paper wrapping) I will ask them what's goin' on with the NY Strip-Delmonico thing. Later.
Delmonico isn't really a cut of meat derived by butchers. The name dates back to a steak made famous by Delmonico's restaurant in NYC. The actual steak they served was an extra thick boneless ribeye.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
It doesn't seem to take much Worcestershire so be careful, well, unless you really like the taste.
Heyyyyyyyyyy buddie, i tried it the WS in my pasta tonight... OMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!
I`ll never eat goulash again without it, its a whole new flavor! Love It!!!

Reactions: flyover

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Delmonico isn't really a cut of meat derived by butchers. The name dates back to a steak made famous by Delmonico's restaurant in NYC. The actual steak they served was an extra thick boneless ribeye.
Well they had Delmonico steaks(In grocery stores with butcher sections) when I was growing up in Illinois right up till I moved to California in 1978. I understand about the Delmonico Restaurant in NYC seen it a few times on"Food Paradise". So for whatever reason the name was adopted in Illinois, I mean why would I make that up. Later.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Well they had Delmonico steaks(In grocery stores with butcher sections) when I was growing up in Illinois right up till I moved to California in 1978. I understand about the Delmonico Restaurant in NYC seen it a few times on"Food Paradise". So for whatever reason the name was adopted in Illinois, I mean why would I make that up. Later.
Not implying that you made anything up. I know the name was/is widely accepted in a lot of places. My Dad always called them Delmonico steaks to the day he died. I'm just saying that Strip steaks aren't Delmonico. The original Delmonico was Boneless Ribeye. Actually, the Delmonico restaurant is still in business. It has Delmonico steaks on the menu; and uses Ribeye to serve the order.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
I know you mean well Hannie but I'm an old dog and you can't teach me new tricks. I just had a tunafish sandwich the last two nights. Why do I occasionally eat a tunafish sandwich? Beacuse my mom made them sometimes for our school lunches. But that's it in the fish dept.
Fish are supposed to be good for your brain health. I don't know a lot about cooking fish as my mom was an Oklahoma farmgirl. I just finished off a can of smoked(kippered) herring on
triscuits. Give them a try. :eat:

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,968
Thank you, GrubHub!
Sushi is very often part of the catered lunches we are served on the job. I have tried different kinds, but just can't get a taste for it. Most of the other girls love it.

Fish are supposed to be good for your brain health. I don't know a lot about cooking fish as my mom was an Oklahoma farmgirl. I just finished off a can of smoked(kippered) herring on
triscuits. Give them a try.
I've never had herring. But I love anchovies right out of the can.

Fish is brain food. That's why I'm so smart, I eat a lot of fish LOL.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
I've never had herring. But I love anchovies right out of the can.

Fish is brain food. That's why I'm so smart, I eat a lot of fish LOL.
Don't forget the mackerel. If you live away from the coast always buy your canned fish in brine or olive oil. Some of the cheap vegetable oil is not healthy.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,709 Posts
I am running out of space as it is.
I've got too much house currently. I went from 800sqft to 3200sqft. I no longer have to store bulk food under the bed and my dining room table doesn't look like a dive shop garage sale anymore. I know how it can be.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,975
Don't forget the mackerel. If you live away from the coast always buy your canned fish in brine or olive oil. Some of the cheap vegetable oil is not healthy.
I live right on the coast (literally), and I always buy the imported anchovies in extra virgin olive oil.
These are the ones I usually get:

·
Anti-Federalist
17,709 Posts
I live right on the coast (literally), and I always buy the imported anchovies in extra virgin olive oil.
These are the ones I usually get:

Try the bottle variety. You get a lot more oil with the bottles so it's good for cooking and Caesar dressing and stores easy.

·
In The Saddle
7,126 Posts
Man, I'm sorry boys and girls, but I would rather eat our rattlers and frog legs 'raw,' than eat anchovies...! I tried those little suckers once on a pizza I think it was, and almost threw up! LOL.

Tasted like a mouth full of salty slugs. (snails) HA.

Think I'll just stay a meat and taters guy! ;)

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Man, I'm sorry boys and girls, but I would rather eat our rattlers and frog legs 'raw,' than eat anchovies...! I tried those little suckers once on a pizza I think it was, and almost threw up! LOL.

Tasted like a mouth full of salty slugs. (snails) HA.

Think I'll just stay a meat and taters guy! ;)

CM
:horse:
I`m with you 1,000%

7961 - 7980 of 10274 Posts