So what's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hannie Caulder, Mar 30, 2018.

1. wyntrout

wyntrout

Kiolbassa is my favorite sausage... little or no "junk" filler or extra "sugar". We use the All-Beef, Jalapeño Beef, and Roasted Garlic. The Jalapeño Beef is nice and spicy... just enough "hot link" for my red beans and rice. The Jalapeño Beef are hot enough to cause sweat to pop up on my head and form into rivulets... signs that I'm having fun, but not too hot.

The regular all beef is good for our sausage and Bavarian Sauerkraut, and I haven't had a chance to try the Roasted Garlic besides at the store, yet.

I had to look a while to find something without a lot of extra crap added... sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, GMO stuff, or nitrates/nitrites. Costco carries these, but some disappear quickly. Our local Publix has them, too, and I have bought them on sale there, but the links are the smaller hotdog-sized. The ones at Costco are around 9 inches long... more like Polish sausage. We prefer the beef, but the Roasted Garlic has pork, too.

We're having red beans and rice with sausage tomorrow night. I use a pressure cooker to cook the already cooked organic kidney beans and get rid of more lectins. I also pressure cook Indian or Pakistani Basmati rice to go with it... again, getting rid of more lectins... a toxic protein used by many plants for defense... Ricin being one of the most powerful toxin lectins. I have the beef hot links and my wife has the regular all-beef sausage.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    flyover likes this.
  2. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

I prefer Italian sausage, especially if it's spicy.

3. wyntrout

wyntrout

After my treadmill and exercise, I'll have a late lunch... 2 pasture-raised eggs over easy, Kirkland pre-cooked and nuked bacon, nuked and pan-browned Jimmy Dean's sausage, and lightly toasted sourdough bread.

The fixin's for our dinner: [​IMG]

4. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Free lunch today at work.

Costa Vida grilled chicken salad w/ extra guacamole and sour cream.

[​IMG]

Hannie Caulder and flyover like this.
  5. wyntrout

wyntrout

After 68:30 and 4.1 miles on the treadmill, a late lunch... 2 pasture-raised eggs over easy, Kirkland pre-cooked and nuked bacon, nuked and pan-browned Jimmy Dean's sausage, and lightly toasted sourdough bread. I love getting this at Cracker Barrel when we travel... 3 eggs, though, and unsweetened tea with lemon and Stevia to wash down my pills and the meal. :)
    [​IMG]

6. rangerhgm

rangerhgm NRA Member

Breakfast for supper.....bacon, eggs and toast

7. redrick

redrick

It was our first real cold day this fall so I made navy beans and garlic cornbread . House & Shed & Snow 11-2019 009.JPG

8. papershoot

papershoot

I had beef stroganoff on egg noodles with fresh green beans and some merlot.

9. napp32

napp32

Just a mixed salad with glass of Riesling. 20191112_191402.jpg

10. steve1911

steve1911

Garlic butter shrimp, broiled red potatoes, salad, beer.

1911club#410

11. wyntrout

wyntrout

Well, the red beans and rice with Kiobassa sausage came out great. My Jalapeño Beef sausage warmed up the beans a bit, but Wifey said she could handle it... unusual. I tried the bean liquor and thought she would object, but I guess that the rice helped tone the whole "warmth" down, thankfully! She had the regular All Beef Sausage. Those were more hotdog sized than my larger hot ones... I had 1.5 of those and could have eaten more... and regretted it. We each had a whole large Haas avocado from Trader Joe's, too. A nice meal. Then I had some 90% Lindt Chocolate with my Bordeaux wine. Then I had some 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate with my Bordeaux wine. The other beverage was Stevia-sweetened decaf green tea with a whole lemon, some cinnamon powder and turmeric, as well as an ounce or so of apple cider vinegar. It's better than chugging wine for my 20 or so pills... prescriptions and supplements. :) The wine is an inexpensive $6.99 Bordeaux from Trader Joe's, too... a good buy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Hannie Caulder likes this.
  12. napp32

napp32

13. flyover

flyover

Was in a semi-local town that has a Casey's store so brought home a medium sized pizza so a slice for supper, hold the salad.

14. steve1911

steve1911

Grilled pork chop, onions mushrooms, green beans.

1911club#410

15. R9S19

R9S19

Tonight was good. Wife made Spanish rice (tomatoes, pigeon peas, olives, potatoes) and pan seared steak cubes cooked to absolute PERFECT medium rare perfection.

16. wyntrout

wyntrout

November 13 at 10:18 PM ·
    My storm window coverings are still up on the second floor... still hurricane season. I have my generator ready to go and 7 more full 5-gallon cans of gas. Tonight I was cooking dinner and the power went off and then back on a few times, then out for over an hour.
    I had our large salads just completed and the tenderloin steaks had been sauteed in butter a bit and I was ready to put them on the grill. We lost power just after I cleaned the grill to use it, so I went and got a battery-powered lantern, and then fired up the generator. I turned the water heater and the A/C and furnace off so that I could continue to use the range. I had been sautéing the mushrooms & chopped garlic in nearly a whole bar of Kerry Gold Butter and wanted to leave that on warm. Then I put the steaks on the sear grill. I started with just over a 20-oz "steak" over 2" thick and cut off all of the white... chewy stuff and fat, resulting in smaller pieces. I cut my wife's into thinner pieces because she wants medium to medium rare. After my wife's portion was done, I took those to her and was just finishing up my two much thicker ones totaling 11 ounces and was putting them on a plate and was going to turn the gas up to burn off the grill... no flame. The LPG tank was empty, too! Timing! Good for a change! :)
    No problem, though, my steaks were ready and we started our dinner. A few of my 11 UPS's were beeping now and then and the dining room TV one was off and on a few times... too low a voltage from the gen... don't know, but eventually things calmed down until Desiree was through eating and said something about our side being the only one without power. I checked and switched back to city power and put all of the circuit breakers back on... no problem... just need to pull the van out tomorrow to get at the third LPG tank, then I can go get the two empty ones filled.
    The generator comes in handy sometimes! :)

17. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

18. R9S19

R9S19

That’s some great looking sashimi! The salmon looks excellent. Just need some buttery white tuna to go with it.

Edit- Is that white tuna on the top right?

19. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Garlic wings
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

20. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

Yes that is white tuna, regular tuna, yellowtail, salmon, octopus, and red snapper.