close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So what kind of watch does everyone wear?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Roger1079, Sep 27, 2012.

1. JDennis

JDennis

It depends on what I am doing on what watch I wear. Have 2 Breitlings for work, a tag I never wear anymore, a tissot and my beater watch and one of my favorites a Reactor. The reactor is a beast and lifetime warrantied against breaking (other than the crystal) and was only a few hundred bucks. And believe it or not, get way more compliments from non-watch aficianado's on the tissot and reactor than the Breitlings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

With all respect, what you've heard is wrong. I've worn a Rolex of one type or another everyday for the past 30 years and on only TWO occasions has anyone noticed that I was wearing a Rolex. Yes, I've heard occasional comments like "nice watch" and such but only twice was it actually recognized as being a Rolex. Most people won't recognize a Rolex when they do see one. In all your travels and dealings with people yesterday, how many times did you notice anyones watch? Unless you're into watches, probably the answer is none. :dunno:

3. Rancher

Rancher

Just got a new Rolex Sub c SS date within the last month or so. Thanks to the folks here for pointing me to TRF, great place to buy. It is my second Sub, got my first when I was a 23 yo. LEO. Had sold it my wifes last year of medical school after wearing it for years to help buy a new vehicle. Think I made around $900 on the sale. So glad to have another on my wrist, like having an old friend back in my life. Really like the improvements/changes on the new Sub's.

I also have a Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish X-Plus with the professional one series bracelet collecting dust for now. Nice watch, just not a Sub. I have a nice $400 Luminox that is also stainless I wear with a Zulu strap on occasion, nice watch. Running and swimming I wear a Timex Ironman.

Been a "watch guy" since age 12 when I got my first Citizen, always a diver style. Guess it is hard for some to understand. Scum will try and rob you for anything, but hopefully CC will prevent any issues! I am not going to not wear something or drive something out of fear. Just not in my DNA. Weird reading on a gun board how some are afraid to do or wear something out of fear of it being taken from them.

Rancher

4. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

and that's the problem with nice cars - you can become a target by driving one. I don't own a BMW but if I did, I would limit myself to driving it someplace safe, like work. I would never drive it around NYC for example. :whistling:

Ridiculous! :rofl:

5. 07 LMB Z06

07 LMB Z06

Nice! I've been trying to decide whether I want that watch (but non-UTC with rubber strap) for a while now - can't make up my mind.

Currently wear this:

[​IMG]

6. Marine123

Marine123

Yes I am guilty, I used to collect watches, I had about 12 but my economic status right now doesn't allow me to buy more I had to sell a couple. :(

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. Rustydude

Rustydude

Nope, no watch, don't need one. my wife will let me know what time it is. such as, it's time to go to work, its time to walk the dog, its time to fix the garage door, its time to stop at her mothers...... when she is not around, I can simply ask the Girlfriend what time it is

8. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

Some people consider it common courtesy to not point out the fact that someone is wearing a watch of significant value, just like some people consider it to be common courtesy to not remark on the abundance or lack of abundance of money in someone else's wallet at the check out line... but people do notice.

9. Leigh

Leigh

Outside of their overly large models, Invicta has copied every other watch on the planet. Not bashing them, just a simple fact.

I own a dozen or so watches, one being an Invicta 'Sub homage' but they are what they are; inexpensive timepeices.

I also wear Timex Expeditions and cheap Casio G-Shocks...it's all good.

10. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

He pulls that crap most every time we have a watch thread here.

11. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

I call "BS". First, you can't possibly determine any real number of people who even noticed or didn't notice my watch. Secondly, two people recognizing my Rolex - a real number by the way - out of all the hundreds of thousands of people I've come in contact with in 30 years, that's one hell of a lot of courtious people by my estimation. :rofl:
    By the way, you failed to address the last part of my post you quoted . . . how many watches did you notice on the people you came in contact with yesterday?

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Just like a Rolex....... except its a cheap piece of junk and everyone knows it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

I've never been asked once -- not a single time -- if my watches were fake. In fact, I have only received polite compliments on occasion.

And I've never been mugged for it.

Were I to be mugged, I would simply buy a new one the next day and let my homeowners company figure out the damage.

14. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

My iPhone shows the time, as does my desktop, and there's a clock in every one of my vehicles. I don't need a watch. Besides, it isn't safe to wear one while operating woodworking machinery or power tools.

15. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

3 breitlings, a handful of Rolexes, two g-shocks, one luminox... and a plethora of cheap crap.

16. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Out of all the outstanding watches in this thread, this is one I've wanted for a while now.

Nice watch. :thumbsup:

17. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Uh, I think you just confirmed my point. I would never drive a nice car in NYC, unless I had to.

18. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

And the hankie stomping continues.

Question. If my cheap piece of junk keeps better time than a Rolex, wouldn't that make a Rolex a terribly expensive piece of junk?

19. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

The point is, millions of people drive expensive cars, wear expensive watches, jewelry, clothes, hand bags, shoes. sums of money, ie: valuables, etc in major cities, suburbs, country settings all over the country without being robbed, mugged, murdered and so on. The question is if you're so damned afraid for your possessions, why limit it to just your watch? Do you only wear jeans and a sweatshirt everywhere? Do you never carry money on your person? :dunno:

20. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

And this proves what? How does this substantiate in anyway your original comment? I see you ignored the question yet again. Come on, you're a professor. You can come up with an answer. :supergrin: