close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So what kind of watch does everyone wear?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Roger1079, Sep 27, 2012.

1. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

I love my Omega!

[​IMG]

2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

There are alot of days I just go kommando.

3. quake

quake Millennium Member

I’m somewhat of a watchaholic, but I quit wearing nice ones a couple years ago. Never owned a rolex & never really wanted one; but a couple seamasters (one the blue dive version, one a gold dress version), a tag, wittnauers, & such.

A couple years ago, within the space of probably two or three months, I had two customers (well, potential customers) comment on my watch and the money that alarm guys must be making, and after that was never able to close a deal with either of them. To some degree, my watch was responsible for those lost sales. Or more accurately, their ignorant, bitter, emotional reaction to my watch was responsible for those lost sales. It’s stupid, it’s petty, but it’s a fact of life; and when it comes to sales, like the man said “you can feed your ego or you can feed your family”. So I ditched the expensive-looking watches and now stick with tool watches instead. Fact is, some of them are as expensive as the tag and even the lower-end omega, but they’re not ones that the hillbillies I deal with recognize. My most-worn ones are Prometheus and Traser, but I’m not really faithful to any of them. This weekend it was a Seiko sbcm023, and today it happens to be a citizen 300m eco-drive. (Fact is, if either one of those had tritium, they’d be about perfect functionally imo.) One of these days, I’ll likely pick up a Ball; since it has tritium, has the mechanical movement I prefer, and isn’t one that most simpletons will immediately recognize.

My only sentimental-value watch is an old gold mechanical Benrus that I got from my dad. He got it from his mother for his 25th birthday, and he gave it to me when he was 84. I had it sent off and cleaned & refurbished, and gave it back to him for his 85th birthday. When he sold his house and moved into a senior apartment complex a couple years ago, he gave it back to me again, along with a refurbished 1943 M1 carbine I’d given him, since that was his favorite rifle when he was in ww2.

That benrus lives in its gold-and-felt box and is only taken out for special occasions. Fact is, it’s not one I’d pick out for myself (it’s kind of small, and I’m not a big gold wearer), but I’m seriously hoping to give it to one of my sons someday. How cool would that be – having the watch that your great-grandmother gave your grandfather for his 25th birthday a century or so ago…?

That’s the same model I quit wearing several years ago. Loved it, but it’s pretty enough that bitter poor people reacted negatively to me when wearing it. :dunno:

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I feel your pain. My clients sometimes remarked on my fancy watches, but I know that they do it facetiously because they all make assloads more money than me.

5. quake

quake Millennium Member

Yeah, but the upside to my situation is that I get to live in hillbillyville instead of yuppieville. So I shouldn't complain - there's definitely a major upside here... :supergrin:

6. 6-b-kwik

6-b-kwik

movado for me i liked it because it was all black

7. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

I have a 23 year old stainless steel Rolex Datejust that my dad gave me.
    [​IMG]
    I also have a 2 tone Movado I wear when my Rolex goes in for its yearly service.

8. steveac1

steveac1

1292320566_82f4ee96ead715eed20db226e5d50f14__mbm_1820_front_Militaryband_Tag_148x0.jpg
    Can see it anywhere, anytime. Very bright

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  9. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Until they come out with a watch that can shoot lasers like James Bond's, and look just as good, I'll stick to my self setting G shock.

:wavey:

10. bamacisa

bamacisa

I used a Casio that I bought at Wal-Mart. It is a sports watch and keeps perfect time. It is not a dress watch, but it serves my needs.

11. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Thanks, I've found the watch I'll be getting when I graduate, exactly what I've been looking for!

12. 123Bang

123Bang 123Bang

$7.50 Walmart stainless white face quartz with sweep second hand that I fitted a stainless band from another broken watch to. Keeps perfect time, easy to read...when I'm not wearing my Citizen Navihawk or Seiko dress and a few others.

13. hatidua

hatidua

Either a Rolex 5513 or 114270 (sold all the ones I had with date complications). I've had the 5513 since 1982 and it's never skipped a beat....and cost less back then than some Casio's now!

14. cgjane

cgjane

I want a 14270 or 114270. Nice! Any pics?

15. Royo

Royo BCPD

My everyday watch is a Seiko Black Monster. I have a 1965 Omega Seamaster . In 2010 I purchased a 1980s manufacture Tudor Submariner . The money I used to buy that watch came from the overtime I worked on the first murder case where I was lead detective. I kept that money until the trials were over with . Now when I look at the time on that watch I know people are doing time .

16. PalmettoShooter

PalmettoShooter

Omega Seamaster or Planet Ocean for fishing/outdoors/water related stuff (big Bond fan), Rolex for everyday (Datejust Jubilee, Submariner, gold Daytona, Explorer I) and Breitling (Old Navitimer), Patek Philippe chrono and Cartier Pasha Seatimer Chrono for fancy stuff, and my Rolex 5513 any time I have to wear a tux. Yea, I'm a Bond dork, I know. I almost got a Tissot dive watch a while back because it had some cool features, but I'm not a big fan of spending anything over $20 if it has a battery in it, and frankly it wasn't that nice. Been obsessed with auto watches since I was 14, but 13 years later I finally got all the cool stuff I wanted. Now I'm moving on to full autos, SBRs, and cans. I guess it'll be cowboy shooting after that.

17. maestrogustav

maestrogustav

18. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

My wife has an Ebel, hasn't worn it in as long as I've known her.

[​IMG]

19. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

I LOVE these watch threads. I wish this one had more pics though.....

LOTS of seriously beautiful watches here. Love the Rolex's and the Omega's. I ain't to that level yet, not even close. I am still in the Seiko, Suunto and Pro-Trek Casio level.

I did go and check out some of the new Timex watches and they have some really nice stuff. Looks like they are trying to compete with Casio. One of their watches that looks kinda odd and funny at first is that BIG SQUARE model the Expedition WS4. I found that after looking at it for a bit and then watching some Youtube vids about it, I am kinda wanting to try one. I realize that most people wouldn't wear that watch on a bet, that's OK, that's why they make so many different kinds and style of watches. I wouldn't mind it because I am used to wearing BIG and unusual watches as my every day watch is a SUUNTO vector just like the one posted earlier in this thread. Only mine has a Bond Zulu strap instead of the factory strap.

Some other watches I have on my list are:

1. Suunto X-Lander in silver finish
    2. Casio Aviator in Orange
    3. Deep Blue Depthmaster 3000
    4. One of the new Seiko Solar Dive Chronos.
    5. A Seiko Diver in PEPSI dress.
    6. Seiko Caesar Diver, the SNDA13
    7. Casio GX56 aka KING G-Shock.

That's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure i could come up with more though as I didn't add any on my list that are way out of my reach right now like the Submariner and the Omegas. Did I mention I LOVE watches?

MORE PICS EVERYONE....I DEMAND MORE PICS.

Thanks for this thread OP.

Nalajr

20. Shagrat

Shagrat

Once every 5 years is perfectly OK for a mechanical watch service.