close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So What is Your Favorite Video Game?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by mossy500camo, Jan 9, 2006.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Past, present? I sorta like Sports and Stragy games.

2. G8TR FAN

G8TR FAN

I like shooters,,,probably HALO1 cause of the power of the magnum, but HALO2 is a close second. Go Gators.....

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Oh, man! Now THERE'S a loaded question! That's like asking what my favorite song is...

Thing is, it depends. On mood, genre, style.

For FPS exploring-type games I really like the last two titles in the Grand Theft Auto series, Vice City and San Andreas.

For fun fragging, alone or on LAN, it's a three-way tie between Serious Sam: TSE, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Serious Sam II.

For RTS, nothing beats the old Fallout series.

And for playing army, it has to be Battlefield Vietnam.

Basically, whichever one I'm having the most fun with is my favorite. Sort of like it is with women...:cool:

4. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

The one game that has consumed more of my time over the last 15 years than any other has to be the Civilization series. Since it was first released in 1991 to the recently released Civ 4, this game has sucked away more of my time than almost any other pursuit over the years. It's so hard to pick a favorite game, but if I had to, Civ would probably be it.

Other games that have had a notable impression on me over the years are Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, the old Sierra RPG's, particularly Hero's Quest, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake (the first game I ever played with hardware acceleration, it was a religious experience), X-Wing, the MS Flight Simulator series, which I started playing at version 4.0, and Starcraft are among the games most special to me.

5. bac1023

bac1023

FPS, followed by driving games.

6. Tvov

Tvov

Mostly fps. One of my favorite games ever is Battlezone, from 1998. It is a combination fps/rts.

Played Halo for PC for a year+, GREAT game (if you are into SciFi type games) except for the stupid flood. Great game, graphics, storyline, etc and they HAVE to throw in undead zombies...Why??

I am now addicted to Battlefield 2, played a lot of Battlefield 1942 and especially the Desert Combat mod.

7. Glacked79

Glacked79

All time favorite is Rogue Spear. Second to that would be Raven Shield.

Currently, I play more America's Army than anything else. My online unit competes on the TWL ladders. We also have BF2 and the SF expansion pack amongst some of us, but we're all slowing burning out on the game.

R6 4, Lockdown is coming out soon for PC. Ubisoft gave it back to Red Storm Entertainment instead of just porting it from console to PC, thank God. From the little information I've gleaned from people who've seen and played a working beta, looks like that one will be the one we transition to next.

8. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

This one looks interesting for my next purchase.:)

9. Glacked79

Glacked79

If you have a PC, just download it for free. The first week with it sucks since you have to go through all the training - basic markmanship, sniper, medic, SF, airborne, etc. Once you get through them, the online play is awsome. They're real good about listening to the community and fixing things in patches or newer versions. One of the best FPS I've ever played and is the mainstay of my online time these days.

I don't know much about the console version - maps look about the same. I have no idea about gameplay, however. One of our guys, against what everyone is telling him, is going to buy it and try it out. I just can't get into FPS with a controller - I need my WASD and my MX-518 mouse.

10. Keyhole

Keyhole

Played Counterstrike for years, long before it went commercial. Love it. Best ever was Diablo II. Also liked America's Army for a long time. Now playing Dungeon Siege II. Was heavy into Microsoft Flight Simulator for a long time. Red Alert of course. GTA Vice City.

11. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

+1 on PC AA

I LOVE the Gran Turismo series. I can't even bring myself to try Forza. I feel like I am cheating on my first love. ;)

Street Fighter still rules. Me and my brother arer old school SF freaks and still play Alpha 3 on a regular basis.

12. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

My top 10 list:

10) Super Mario 64
    9) Resident Evil Rebirth
    8) Final Fantasy 8
    7) DOOM
    6) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Dawn of Sorrow
    5) Final Fantasy 7
    4) Metroid Prime
    3) DOOM II
    2) GTA3
    1) Resident Evil 2

13. major

major Rejected member

Pong..........the original video game.

I remember when it came out. A buddy and I would play it for hours. Can't imagine anyone nowdays playing it for more than 10 seconds.

14. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

You'd be surprised. A buddy of mine got one of the "new" Atari systems (looks just like the old-school Atari, but instead of game cartridges it's got all the old games stored inside it) for Christmas -- four or five of us 25+ year olds sat around on the floor and passed controllers around, playing Pong, and Combat, and Centipede, for about three hours.

Good stuff. Gotta love the classics. Some of us gamers remember our roots. ;)

15. Tvov

Tvov

We got our kids those joysticks with the games built in. A lot of fun! As my son said, it is kind of nice because the games are easy... you have a joystick and one button!!

16. Glacked79

Glacked79

If any of you with AA are ever online and looking for a good server, check us out:

IP: 66.55.158.146:1716 (to join: open console by hitting ~ and typing "open 66.55.158.146:1716" no quotes, of course)

We have a public Teamspeak server, as well.

www.16aa.com

I'm 2LT-Hollow, btw. Hop on for some good games - let the guys know you learned about it from me and you won't get booted to make room for members - our server is generally pretty busy during normal hours. We've got a lot of Europeans, so they are on during the daytime, and I'm on at night with us CONUS folks.

17. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I might have to take you up on that. Teamspeak is the headset thingy right? I don't have that if so. I am also pipeline freak. What maps do you guys play? I have tried most, but come right back to pipeline (preferably assault team ;)).

18. Tvov

Tvov

Teamspeak is great. It is a simple program you download, and run while playing a game. It is not big, and as far as I can tell it doesn't affect gameplay at all (lag, etc). Just need a headset with mic, I have a basic RadioShack one, I think it was $19.99.

I believe the site is;

www.teamspeak.org

It is separate from any game, and many, if not most, clans use it.

19. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

Most favorite of all time is the original Doom.
    Favorite currently played is Counter Strike Source.

20. Glacked79

Glacked79

Yeah, all you need is the most recent client DL from teamspeak.org. Any mic or headset will do. You can always DL it and use it without a mic, which some pubs do from time to time.

We generally keep the map set to something like pipe, urban assault, bridge, or extraction. We will, during the course of the day, change it to whichever map someone requests or to whatever map we're about to have a TWL match on.

If you gotto our website, on the main page, right hand side, there is a listing of what map our server is set to with a count of people on at that moment. I'm not too sure how often this refreshes, but it's been accurate every time I've looked at it.

Hit me up on xfire, too, if you want to know what we're playing.

xfire name - glacked (will show up 2LT-Hollow[16AA] once you I approve you.

www.16aa.com