So what is this I hear about Iran doing something Feb 11th

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dalton Wayne, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

So what is the nut job in Iran threatening to do Feb 11th that's causing a carrier group to be parked off shore, and causing Israel to go on high alert? heard a short blurb on the news about it?
    Regards
    DW

2. havensal

havensal Getting older every day! CLM

First I've heard of it. :dunno:

3. walt cowan

walt cowan

i'm thinking a air/ground burst test somewhere around there or maybe somewhere around here. not realy sure but, fear not! "team obama" will claim all went according to plan.

4. Tow/Repo

Tow/Repo CLM

Iran's Leader: Feb. 11 To Be ‘Demise’ of ‘Capitalist System’
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010
    By Matt Cover, Staff Writer

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (AP Photo)(CNSNews.com) – Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that Feb. 11 would mark the demise of “the liberal capitalist system,” adding that its champion, America, was on the decline and that Iran and its Islamic Revolution were on the rise.

According to a Jan. 28 translation from BBC Monitoring Middle East, Ahmadinejad spoke on official Iranian television, saying that this year’s “Ten Days of Dawn” celebration, marking the anniversary of the country’s Islamic Revolution, would see the “demise” of the American system.

“I believe that 22 Bahman [ February 11 in the Persian calendar] this year marks the demise of the liberal capitalist system.” Ahmadinejad said.

The controversial Iranian president explained that, 30 years ago, Iran was merely trying to consolidate its newly minted revolution. Today, however, the country was quickly moving to overtake what he claimed was a declining United States.

“Maybe in 1359-60 [1980-81] our presence was only an announcement of our existence and strength,” he said. “It was to consolidate the revolution. Where have we got now? We have got to a point that the hegemony of arrogance [reference to the United States] has been undermined. Nations do not trust it anymore. Its principles are under question. Its efficiency is close to zero. Its power curve is dropping quickly.”

Ahmadinejad claimed that Iran was an “inspiring” and “justice-seeking” country, which was just being “introduced to the world.”

“On the other hand, the Iranian nation is being introduced around the world as an inspiring, idealistic, revolutionary, God-seeking, justice-seeking, pure and humane nation.”

Ahmadinejad continued the narrative of America’s impending doom in a speech Saturday, Jan. 30, claiming that the Iranian revolution was the final step in God’s plan for the world.

“God created mankind … to reach a point that it could have control over the world of creation and days and nights,” Ahmadinejad said. “It is clear to all of us that the Islamic Revolution today is a giant stride toward the implementation of this great goal. The Islamic Revolution is in the direction, and of the same nature of, the great prophet’s move. It is guided by God.”

Ahmadinejad further said that the West, particularly the United States, had been the “biggest historical impediment” to the Islamic Revolution.

“The arrogant and hegemonic powers, which mankind experienced in the past 300 years – and past 60 years in particular – have been the biggest historical impediment in the face of fulfillment of this goal,” he said, according to the BBC.

Ahmadinejad went on to declare that the “materialistic and hegemonic system” was dead and “slogans” about “freedom,” “human rights,” and “democracy” had misled the world.

“It is clear that the materialistic and hegemonic system has reached the end of the road, both theoretically and practically,” he said. “Forty years ago when someone mentioned the name of America, many would drool. In the minds of many, America had a mythical and invincible power.”

“Slogans of freedom, human rights, democracy, and the right to decide your own fate, were so attractive that [they] misled many,” he continued. “Today, they have no thoughts or means other than the use of arms to prove themselves.”

The fiery Iranian leader predicted the “end” of American “civilization.”

“This means the end of a civilization, the end of a thought, and the end of a system,” said Ahmadinejad.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/60801

5. MidWestShooter

MidWestShooter

6. Dalton Wayne

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Someone needs to get rid of this idiot Ahmadinejad. Seriously.

8. Dalton Wayne

Ahmadinejad Is always making threats of some type I'm afraid one of these days he will follow through.

9. Bruce H

Bruce H

They are going to switch to North Korean currency for their oil trade.

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Aw great another frakking religious war! Wonderful! Why can't you religious types learn to practice what you preach? All of you, Christian, Muslim, and so on! Seriously this is getting retarded!:upeyes:

11. Steve0853

Steve0853

Ahmadinejad further said that the West, particularly the United States, had been the “biggest historical impediment” to the Islamic Revolution.

Yaaay!!! We're number one!!!

12. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

this is some scary ****. Sounds like hes going to launch some nukes, I sure hope hes ready for cruise missiles, B52 spirits and all the rest of our rath. I hope that the CIA is paying close attention to this guy and are watching and listening to him closely. I say send in some bombers and take him out. You threaten our country, you better be ready for us to come knocking. I just hope obama isnt a retard and makes the right decision.........

13. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

We have a similar thread running on the S&P forum. I hope its sabre rattling, but it could be a test, as in 3,2,1...

[​IMG]

14. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Just a saber rattling Hadji, shocker I know.

15. adamg01

adamg01

Haven't they had enough of Israel? They are just begging for it and I am sure Hussein Obama will not want nothing to happen to Iran. He will condem Israel when they hit the start button on the whoop a** machine.

16. vafish

vafish

I wish I had a dollar for every time some 2 bit dictator from a 3rd world country threatened the US.

Anyone remember Kadafi's "Line in the Sand"?

17. silentpoet

silentpoet

Blake Clark had a funny bit about it back then.

18. dahahn

dahahn

Ahmadinejad is constantly making threats. THing is, Iran doesn't have the manpower to follow through. He said that he would swarm the US with "10,000 suicide bombers" if we ever did anything against Iran. Really? Suicide bombers are your weapon of choice?

Something tells me that even North Korea has a stronger fighting force, which is pretty bad. If we made a concerted push to Tehran, I'll bet we could make it there in 3 days flat, and that includes some pit stops on the way. War with Iran would be days. But I could be wrong. From Wikipedia:

"The Islamic Republic of Iran has two types of armed forces: the regular forces Islamic Republic of Iran Army, Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force, Islamic Republic of Iran Navy and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), totaling about 545,000 active troops. Iran also has around 350,000 Reserve Force totaling around 900,000 trained troops. Iran has a paramilitary, volunteer militia force within the IRGC, called the Basij, which includes about 90,000 full-time, active-duty uniformed members. Up to 11 million men and women are members of the Basij who could potentially be called up for service; GlobalSecurity.org estimates Iran could mobilize "up to one million men"."

Provided that Isreal would probably do as much fighting as the US (they seem like they've been DREAMING of the day we would fight Iran), it wouldn't be much of a fight. Isreal has one of the best air forces in the world. The "Islamic Republic of Iran Navy" wouldn't stand a chance against the US Navy. Not a chance.

The only thing that might happen on "22 Bahman" is the assured destruction of Iran...if he takes a step past opening his mouth.

19. hatidua

hatidua

If Israel wants to start something, let THEM finish it. As long as the U.S. can sit and watch it on TV, that's fine but we have enough wars going on and certainly can't afford another.