Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many... what is the silliest, most useless or unsafe fitness equipment out there? Or maybe the silliest infomercial program being marketed.

I'm thinking this should be a long thread. :cool:

I think the Perfect Pushup thingies are silly, especially when they market as invented by a Navy SEAL, and that it will give you 6-pack abs. Also, those hydraulic piston rowers.

I suppose all of it is OK if it will get someone off the couch and do something, but for someone who is already disciplined to a fitness regimen, what's the silliest?

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
I was going to say smith machine, but somebody already said that.

Those mini trampolines are pretty goofy to me.
Also pilates comes across totally silly to me.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Hmm, I'd say wife-beater shirts and steroids...

·
Draw the line
146 Posts
I'd have to say it is those rubber bands with handles attached to them. I guess you are supposed to stand on the rubber bands and do curls? Ab lounges are pretty dumb too. Thigh master, anyone?

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
The guy who owns the gym I go to "invents" his own fitness equipment. Some of this **** seriously comes from the WTF File.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
The guy who owns the gym I go to "invents" his own fitness equipment. Some of this **** seriously comes from the WTF File.
You gotta get us pics.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I can't even imagine how that thing works. I may have to send off for the free DVD.
So that thing is supposedly able to deliver great fitness at 4 min. / day.

As funny as it sounds, I think I could sell a piece of equipment that could do a pretty fair job at 3:50 / day, beating that contraption by 10 sec.: an area of floor big enough to do burpees on.

Here's the program:
Day 1: tabata burpees (3:50 total workout)
Day 2: tabata squats (3:50 total workout)
Day 3: tabata burpees (3:50 total workout)
Day 4: rest

Fairly one-dimensional and very boring (and painful), but I think one could get in fair shape by doing that.

With housing prices falling, the $/sq ft is falling also, so that piece of equipment is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Hey Brad, how's the hernia?
Donno yet. My real health insurance just kicked in day before yesterday, so haven't had it checked out. I don't currently have access to a decent gym, so am doing NG, so I'm not feeling anything. Rip says this happens, however. THey scar over until the next time and then start hurting again until finally they blow out. I've picked up lots of 50-100 lb things while moving and didn't feel anything. Crossing my fingers that it was just a strain. Doing lots of L-seats and wheel rollouts and don't feel anything--don't know if that means anything.

Hey, I know this isn't the milestone thread, but I have a whopper for today: finishing revisions for my dissertation. Now it's just a matter of uploading and this 3.5 year journey is over.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts