close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So What If It Rains?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GeorgeCA, May 1, 2003.

1. GeorgeCA

GeorgeCA Millennium Member

It is forcasted to rain this weekend here in So Cal, Will the match get posponed? if it does is there anyway to find out before I make the drive to the range? Rain or Shine I am looking foward to shooting with all of you this weekend:) ;c
    Thanks
    George

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

If you are speaking of the GSSF match, it goes on rain or shine. If it is raining they put clear plastic bags (call target condoms) over the D-1 targets and press on. Much fun. Good luck, I will be shooting the GSSF match in Dallas this weekend.

3. GeorgeCA

Yes I was talking about the GSSF match at Norco CA. Good, thanks for the info.
    George

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yup,

Rain or shine, snow or mud, the show goes on unless threatened by lightening.

5. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?

Might be interesting shooting in a parka.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, that was about the case at Anderson, S.C. a couple years ago. Had a combination of rain, sleet and snow. Ah, the joy of it all.

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Rain is no biggy, bag the targets and keep shooting.

8. Mr Twisted

Mr Twisted

I've been putting on matches in Norco for 8 years now and have never called off a match yet, oh ya just once the was a fire in the adjascent field. When the weatherman predicts doom and gloom thats when we have the best shootin weather in Norco but if your still feeling wimpy call us at the range before you come out. Nora's Cell 909 720-5962 for up to the minute range conditions.Info www.ssashooter.com

Hope to see you out this weekend.
    Mr Twisted head Glockmeister out

9. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

might not be a bad idea to have a raincoat or stearns style parka in the trunk of your car.....

and (if the ground is wet, soggy, and muddy) some old shoes that you dont mind getting dirty or a pair of rubber boots

i got plenty of looks at anderson (sc) wearing my farm boots around, but i had dry feet

too bad it didnt help my shooting all that much

10. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

yeah shot my IDPA qualifier in the Snow.. was not much fun... :)

I would suggest you bring shoes you don't mind getting wet and or boots that are waterproof, seeing as your stationary when shooting..your dont' have to worry about them being heavy and a bag to cover your pistol and accesories with.. good old garbage bag works great. And an umbrella(Big golf type,$9.99 from Sams) for when you have to wait and sit.

I know at Richmond, although it was not raining it was a little muddy in spots and Red Clay stains like a bear.. And all the stages were shot from under cover, not sure about other matches.

Jeff.

11. Mr Twisted

Mr Twisted

Come on out it's time to play....

12. Mr Twisted

Mr Twisted

The thought of it can kill a great match!!! Well you win some and you loose some. Thanks to all that came out to brave the elements and to all the great RO's that worked in the wet.

13. GeorgeCA

I had a great time. I got out there at around 9:30, at times it there was a hole in the clouds right above the range! I thought it was perfect shooting weather! I have a question for Twisted? Do you guys have a beginers class/course to get new guys like me on the right track? I need to get better at shooting the plates. I want to attend your next match, any advice or equipment I need?

14. Mr Twisted

Mr Twisted

Yes, we do have beginning classes and they will save you a lot money on worthless assessories you'd like to buy but shouldn't. The best thing is to bring what you have at the moment (if it's the wrong stuff, we'll lend you the right stuff)to try out Steel Madness. It will give us a chance to see what you need to work on before the class, sort of a try out or audition. Classes help the clear out the bad habits and wrong techniques everyone gets from buddies and TV.
    Come on out to the next match May 18th we'll be shooting shotguns as well. 2 gun competition,lots of fun. Info check out www.ssashooter.com

Twisted out....till 5/18th