Diva extraordinaire
16,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...besides not being able to work?

Eating at restaurants?
Going to the movies?
Attending sporting events?

Me being nosy again it's what I do.

I don't eat out a lot, and I'm not a big moviegoer, but I do miss watching baseball on tv. Especially my New York Yankees.

They better not mess with football season, because if I can't watch my Georgia Bulldogs I might go crazy.

·
Banned
3,351 Posts
I miss people using their common sense and totsally rejecting all of these idiotic conspiracy theories.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
I missed the St Pete GranPrix and the Indy 500. I missed the end of the regular hockey season and the playoffs. Sadly the NHL playoff season wouldn't be the same since labworm passed. His annual threadon the S&W forum was much looked forward to. RIP friend.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Other than not being able to attend church in person, nothing has changed.

·
Registered
10,822 Posts
Summer traffic in my downtown.

No, wait, I don't miss that at all....

Really, though, it is a little eerie driving downtown. It is about the same amount of traffic as in the middle of winter right now. Should be bumper to bumper. I can actually turn left out of the pharmacy parking lot right now.... that is unheard of during the normal spring traffic.

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Registered
10,822 Posts
Related... I miss seeing all the people walking downtown going into all the small independent stores.

·
Just lack finishing up
4,208 Posts
Nothing. Staying home has been great. Cooking our own food, exercising more, doing the little things around the house that never seemed to get done and more time with the wife.

I'm ready for the restrictions to be lifted, but I've enjoyed the lockdown.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
I miss people being friendly and not afraid. I went to the grocery store this morning and got a few things while the wife is at work. The few folks that were in there with the exception of one guy were devoid of any humor just plain grouchy people. WTH? I’ll be glad when these people regain a little perspective and realize we’re all in this together and that you can’t catch it by saying “hello” or “good morning”.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I actually miss going into the office. There are advantages to being on campus.

One thing I do NOT miss are people ramming into me in the checkout lane, but I do miss being able to just pick up my preferred TP whenever I need it.

I miss not having to wear a mask and gloves. I miss being able to visit my elderly father. I miss being able to drive out to WNY to see my siblings. I miss my shooting range. I miss a news day without Coronavirus hysteria. But so far I'm surviving and have everything I need, I have telephone and Skype and Zoom and Internet, and my son is around to keep me company, so things could certainly be worse.

·
Registered
10,822 Posts
I miss people being friendly and not afraid. I went to the grocery store this morning and got a few things while the wife is at work. The few folks that were in there with the exception of one guy were devoid of any humor just plain grouchy people. WTH? I’ll be glad when these people regain a little perspective and realize we’re all in this together and that you can’t catch it by saying “hello” or “good morning”.
I was thinking similar the last couple days... except I remembered that wearing a mask, people can't see you smile.

·
Native Mainiac
23,924 Posts
Even though the weather has been dodgy, i miss being able to play golf...really stupid to shut down the courses here. I play alone a lot on the local one anyway, and even during normal times, during the week most of the time i can do 18 holes (twice around) with never seeing another person except at the club house or someone working on the grounds.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,740 Posts
My life with Jake the Wonder Dog has changed very little. Friend Bonnie is coming over to see Jake and I today. There are lots of hobbies and yard work to keep us busy. Jake comes outside to help and when our friend Don sees us outside, he comes over for a visit. That's pretty normal.

I miss the Senior Center friends, all the activities, and miss Sporting events on TV. Attending sports events in person has not been in the budget for a long time.

Flash

1 - 20 of 119 Posts