Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Firm member
30,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Doctor In The Family" thread got me thinking about bartering with doctors, dentists, lawyers, etc. What's the best trade you did with a "pro?"

Me: Wife's ACL surgery, PT & meds for two motorcycles. Anyone? HH

·
USS Texas BB-35
4,583 Posts
My Dad traded a 23 T Bucket for a paved driveway

·
↓ hog hunter ↓
9,402 Posts
I got two crowns to spend a week in Lake Powell babysitting my dentist's houseboat timeshare because he couldn't make it down there one year. And he insisted I haul his Sea Ray and JetSki down there with his truck, the tyrant.

·
Firm member
30,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got two crowns to spend a week in Lake Powell babysitting my dentist's houseboat timeshare because he couldn't make it down there one year. And he insisted I haul his Sea Ray and JetSki down there with his truck, the tyrant.
Damned the luck! HH

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
For selling my home in Tampa, my broker received a very small amount of cash and this:

in lieu of 6% commission.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
In college, I was a service tech at a high-end audio store. On the side, I was fixing car stereos for a local German auto repair shop in trade for free labor and parts at cost for my VW Rabbit. I got a new Neuspeed suspension installed for a few repaired stereos and a couple hundred bucks.

·
Everybody Lies
5,963 Posts
UM....................

free dental work for being his sons best friend?

·
Why so serious?
65,802 Posts
I'd rather not say :tempted:

·
hates you
32,672 Posts
I traded an Intel-processor PowerPC for an invoice for the service bureau I use all the time for my freelance work. They needed a machine that could run CS5 and I needed to not give them cash, so we worked out a trade for a computer that I wasn't using anyway.

I told my rep that making their lives easier in turn made my life easier, so everybody came out ahead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts