So what are your 4th Of July plans?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hannie Caulder, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

Reloading some 9mm and .45. I did rode my bike earlier wearing my USA flag emblossomed shirt.

Tanger and cyberghostx13 like this.
  2. norton

norton

We had a great day on Friday. Good food, good company, good weather.
    004.jpg

3. jmohme

jmohme

The wife's friends showed up, and I revised my plans.
    Hopped on the Goldwing and headed out to nowhere in particular so the girls could have the pool to themselves without a fat old man hanging around.

At about 150 miles in to my excursion, I considered heading home, but realized I was only 20 miles form Luckenbach. I figured it had to be some sort of a motorcyclists sin to be that close and not at least stop in, so I did and headed home from there.
    Got home just as the ladies were making ice-cream floats!
    Perfectly timed!

wyntrout and cyberghostx13 like this.
  4. jp 19

jp 19

5. SmokelessPowder

SmokelessPowder Consummate Reloader

Wow, way more Trump flags than expected. I'd say 1 in 10 boats had a Trump flag. I'm not kidding, I passed hundreds of boats and lots had USA flags flying and many of those also had a Trump 2020 flag. A lot of these boats had younger people on board. One small Trump boat didn't have anybody I thought was voting age. This is a lot more support than I saw in 2016.
    IMG_1416.jpeg

I have yet to see any Biden signs or flags. The only yard sign I've seen (not from the water) that kind of is Biden-ish was this total surrender yard sign right by the door of a pretty nice house.
    biden.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Hannie Caulder and cyberghostx13 like this.
  6. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    Looks like a thug/looser family in the pool because of tattoos.

-GT-

7. wyntrout

wyntrout

Biden's hid'n'!

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  8. norton

norton

When my son got his first one I was not happy. But time and meeting some really good people with them made me realize its a generational thing. btw, son is a responsible father, married with two children, works hard at his job. I'm very proud to be his Dad.
    Now why a good looking young woman would want tats on her body is just beyond me.
    But then, I'm a boomer. What are ya gonna do?

cyberghostx13 and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  9. Nanuk

Nanuk

Shooting with my daughter. Grilling, drinking beer and fireworks.

cyberghostx13 and Hannie Caulder like this.
  10. Tanger

Tanger

099C8877-E1A3-4FD6-9C2D-8F1E5BB778FF.jpeg 51583A49-B6E9-48D7-AB0E-778ED06B1B97.jpeg Camping with the family. Played a bunch of games and grilled and had a few cocktails. I like to line my campsite with my little US flags. 917B5EB9-456C-42D2-B3E3-9FC232C337BC.jpeg

11. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

BF must have seen this thread, because he brought steaks. We grilled those instead of the hot dogs and burgers.
    Neighbors brought some nice smoked kingfish over so I made fish dip (along with the shrimp jambalaya and peanut butter pies). Mommy made deviled eggs. We will be eating leftovers tonight.

We had to move the party under the lanai while a thunderstorm passed through.

And BF's PJ buddy brought his GF, still the same one (Rachel). This has to be some kind of a record for him LOL.

Nanuk, cyberghostx13 and wyntrout like this.
  12. jp 19

jp 19

13. Lazy R

Lazy R

Rode 400 miles of Rocky Mountains, and camped out.

[​IMG]

14. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    That sounds pretty awesome.

15. slym2none

slym2none

16. selogic

selogic

It was a good day ...:dancing:

cyberghostx13 and Intolerant like this.
  17. Intolerant

Intolerant

Where`s the pics :fred:

:animlol::cheers:

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  18. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well shuckins, the best laid plans go arye(sp), but that's a good thing. After having my grilled filet mignon and sides, I wanted to watch something "Ameicana" with the flavor of America. I watched Mel Gibson's Patriot the last couple years so not this year. So first I watched the movie "Beach Party" which I had on iTunes. I laughed my a** off, I went to that movie at the theater when I was 13.

I had a couple strong IPAs during that movie and was getting a buzz. It was around 10 O'Clock by then and I wanted to hear some music, some good ole American "Rock & Roll so I broke out a Blue Ray that I bought earlier this year, "Joe Bonamassa At The Greek Theater". Never saw that place, but Joe explained he grew up near there and always wanted to play there. It's outdoors and on the outskirts of L.A. kinda small for Joe just seating 5,000 under the stars and intimate setting.

I have several of Joe's concerts on iTunesHD and Blue Ray but this is his best concert so far, by a long shot. What a band he put together, 3 female backup singers from Australia, 2 guys on sax, one on trumpet, the drummer introduced as the drummer that was on the Letterman show, a very old but superb bass player, the keyboardist/Hammond B-3(Played with SRV) and a 2nd lead guitar player. They played for over two hours and did they ever cook.

It was a beautiful night and I had my backdoor open with full screen door still shut. I had my topshelf, over the ear, closed headphones on listening thru my Marantz AV in PCM format, the sound mix was a 10.

I got up a few times to leave a wizz and grab another cold IPA in a CAN(Hey it's a free country and I like cans in a can cooler) and I noticed it was kinda bright outside so I went and checked things out, brought my Canon "Image Stabilizing" 10x50 Binoculars(Inside by door) and focused them on a beautiful, complete full moon and believe me with those binocs and image stabilizing the details of all the craters and stuff...WOW!

So it's July 4th 2020 with a FULL MOON and a superb live(Filmed Live Outdoors) concert in HD on a 65" OLED LG TV. My couch is like 5 feet from the door, cool breezes flowing in after a day in the 80s, so it was really adding to the effect of being at that concert and each beer I downed made it even more so, I had a total of 5, a couple were 5.6% and 3 were 6.7%. I'm not used to that much beer in one evening, almost always just 1 or 2, so to say I was having a good time is putting it lightly.

So all in all it was a fantastic 4th Of July evening, made so special by Joe's hard working/cooking electric blues band, and "Mother Nature's" beautiful summer evening with a FULL MOON. I was definetly wobbly heading off to hit the rack but I made it. I got up this morning around 10:30am with no hangover, take that GIN. Not too bad for a 70 year old dude.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    pittpa and Hannie Caulder like this.
  19. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

PICTURES ARE RIGHT ABOVE THIS POST. ^^^^^^^^^

20. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I
    Steaks are better.. hope my steaks made it happen. If you were closer there would be 2 more steaks on the grill. For you and the spear fishing BF

Hannie Caulder likes this.