GlockTalk Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1143 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Kill, Capture, Vanish by Annie Jacobson. Pretty good so far. The part where the CIA mind screws everyone until they give up seems to be what is happening in this country now.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,125
In the hotel last night I started re-reading Orwell's 1984. I haven't read it since college. Wow, it is all coming true!

Ministry Of Truth = Fake News media
Thought Police = Google, FB, & Twitter

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I read it, now you are

upload_2020-10-30_17-16-9.jpeg

Reactions: 50 Cent

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Long Range-CJ Box continued saga ans stories of a WY Game Warden
Fearless-.Blehm an inspiring story of a Navy Seal
18 Tiny Deaths. Goldfarb-story true of origins of Forensic Pathology in America

·
Registered
455 Posts
Start With Why by Simon Sinek

All supervisors at my work have been required to read this by November 15th. So far it seems pretty good.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,131
Three to read
Brave new World
Animal Farm
Yes, I read those years ago. I think I will re-read them also.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,134
Just started reading this one yesterday. It's a true story about a group of WWII veterans who started an armed rebellion against a rigged election in a small town in Tennessee. Very appropriate for what is happening in our country right now.

·
Huge Member
10,939 Posts
The Pentagon's Brain, the uncensored history of DARPA. By Anne Jacobsen

Fascinating story of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration. They've come up with some cool stuff but also stuff like Agent Orange. They've have wasted billions upon billions of dollars. Not to mention instituting high tech surveillance on everyone in the country.

Scary stuff and somewhat dated having been written in 2014. I can only imagine the technological advances and billions of dollars they've wasted in the last 6 years.

·
USN Retired
7,533 Posts
Besides GT. Me being nosey again, its what I do.

I read a lot, especially on the beach. Right now I'm reading an old paperback novel my BF gave me called Ghost Boat. Its about a US Navy submarine that disappears in the Pacific during WW2 and resurfaces 30 years later, still as new as the day it was built. And it is empty - no sign of the crew.

So tell me about what you're reading.
Self helps for my current situation.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,137
1121 - 1140 of 1143 Posts