So TOTALLY Off The Wall Here.......

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LinuxLover, Aug 12, 2019.

1. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

'Taint about guns, bullets, powder or cops-n-robbers. This is about cracked heels - the ones on your feet.
    I've had troubles for decades with cracked heels and cracked fingertips that really HURT a lot!
    I never though I'd post a health-type post - but here goes........................

I have always used the 99 cents/gallon shampoo that my wife buys ME - whilst HER shampoo costs over $20.00/4ozs or higher!

She has cabinets and cardboard boxes full of potions and lotions, but by far the largest headcount is in bottles of shampoos, conditioners, wash-ins, rinse-outs and dollars down the real and figurative drain.

I recently got tired of itchy scalp and she gave me one of her "With Conditioner" shampoos.

OK - it smells kinda girly, but I don't get close enough to men or women for them to smell my hair any more - girls were the preferred close-encounters, believe me here. I digress.

I play guitar and always have sore fingertips - cracks that start under the corner of my fingernails and extend into the fingertips and boy do they hurt! I kinda thought they were part and parcel of playing guitars - but was I ever wrong!

ENTER: Shampoo with built-in conditioners (currently: "PANTENE").

Presto - change-o*, no more cracked heels and the fingertips healed up in just a few days!
    * my grandfather said that a lot - I hope he doesn't mind me stealing it.

I gotta believe that using the industrial-strength shampoos that remove {a} transmission fluid, {b} rear end grease and {c} skunk juice - are too strong and remove all the human oils that you NEED TO LIVE and not have your skin open up in festering pus-filled and nerves-exposed condition!

But why are my heels all healed up? Because you stand in the shower and the suds run down your leg(s) to your feet - that's why!

At this time, I am living with baby-soft (and caress-able!) skin and heels that aren't cracked and hurting all the time.

Now - if I could only find someone who likes to kiss toes...................... dreamin' here.

2. thewitt

thewitt

Bag Balm. Made for cow udders. Works wonders on healing cracked heels.

3. LinuxLover

You're prolly right - but I hate putting alchemy potions and such on me.

One exception is A&D Ointment - but my doctor says to not use it any more since it seals in bacteria and causes damage to the area you are trying to heal.

I used chapsticks on my fingers for a while - and they work - if one remembers to apply it that is.

Cracked fingertips were made better when I wore rubber gloves to wash my hair - so that was a big reason to switch to Pantene too.

Nah - if it takes an action to help heal something up by sloshing on a palliative - I don't have the time nor the inclination especially IF this new shampoo is the real mediator!

4. 9jeeps

9jeeps rip "Bud"

Vaseline for men can be your friend. It soaks in fast. I use it every where. My wife swears on alohvera plant extract that come in tubes. In the winter I use Vicks vapo rub on dry spots, cracks etc.

I wear a close to bald buzz cut and put after shave balm all over my face which now extends to the back of my neck. Like AFTA! or ?.

Keep your humidity up in the winter, also.

I know well about what you say about String fingers... I sent my acoustic to my daughter Years ago. End of sore fingers.

Good luck to ya.

5. thewitt

thewitt

Just wanted to let you know. This one is something every farmer knows.

In use at every dairy in the world, I expect, and has been for many, many decades.

It was initially developed in 1899, and contains lanolin, petroleum, and an antiseptic.

If you ever need it, just slather it on your feet and put on some socks before bed. Works wonders.

6. Adjuster

Adjuster

You know they make soaps/shampoos/bodywashes with all the girly stuff in them for men also right!? Only difference is instead of smelling like petunias they smell like wet horse.

/

7. LinuxLover

Yea... I know of those too.

But as I see it, daily washing my hair is a rule that I learned in boot camp - not that my father didn't insist on it too (he was career navy) - so since I have to shampoo anyway....

There's a new dimension to my ritualistic haircare that also includes healing my feet and fingers - so it's a hat trick for me!

8. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Have you seen a doctor about this issue?

It could be a dermatological issue or related to a lack of blood circulation, or something like that.

A doctor may be able to diagnose you and prescribe a medication that will help.

LinuxLover likes this.
  9. peng

peng

Some things chicks know, some things dudes know.

This is something you shoulda asked a chick years ago. :p

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    pjanthony and LinuxLover like this.
  10. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Those girly shampoo's are what started the change for Bruce Jenner

Cmacc and LinuxLover like this.
  11. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Try Pert Plus if you want shampoo and conditioner and still smell like a man.

LinuxLover likes this.
  12. LinuxLover

Pert Plus it is then! Thanks.

13. SilentRecon

SilentRecon

Not sure of your health but diabetics suffer greatly from cracked skin if it's not caused by very dry/cold weather or Docs and nurses get it from excessive hand washing. You wash away your natural oil in your skin and dont replace it with moisture your skin is susceptible to crack- leading to infection etc. Keep any calluses shaved down always as oils in your skin do not permeate callus like regular skin and will crack

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. LinuxLover

No... no diabetes or skin disorders.

Just cracked heels ... (gone now!) ... and cracked fingertips... (also gone now!).

I'm totally convinced that using that shampoo did it. Like I mentioned, I tried rubber gloves and it helped the fingertips a lot ... but not totaly. Switched to the conditioning shampoo and everything cleared up in hot order.

Color me amazed.

SilentRecon likes this.
  15. Berto

Berto woo woo

16. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Peeing regularly in the shower keeps my soles nice and soft...

17. nursetim

nursetim

O’keef’s hand rescue, or something like that worked for me. Never had the issue until I worked in flagstaff AZ for a few months.

18. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

O’Keef’s. They make one for hands and one for feet.

3M foam sanding blocks for sanding this calluses on your feet. Fine and medium grit. Coarse will cut you. Cut them in half to make them easy to bend. Much better than the expensive junk made especially for feet.

LinuxLover likes this.
  19. LinuxLover

Yup! Recycled Budweiser is a great antiseptic.

FullClip likes this.
  20. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat