So... Ted Nugent? (With poll)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Dukeboy01, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Yes. He has to go, forcibly if he won't step down on his own.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. No. What he posted was forgivable/ free speech/ none of the NRA's business.

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

nursetim likes this.
  2. rock_castle

rock_castle Right is right and Left is wrong.

Why are the liberals calling this anti-semitism? Seems to me it's anti-liberalism and it's anti gun control. Liberals sure love to get offended. Get a life, libs!

3. walt cowan

walt cowan

He posted the faces and names of people who support the right of Israelites to own and carry fire arms but, refuse to give the citizens of America the same rights. He did NOTHING WRONG! They need to be held accountable for their double standard and the crime of attacking the rights and freedoms of all Americans.

glockzilla10mm likes this.
  4. JBnTX

JBnTX

Freedom of speech comes with responsibility and consequences.
    A person cannot just say anything they want, especially when they represent other people.

I do not want Ted Nugent representing my 2nd amendment rights.
    The NRA should remove him.

nursetim likes this.
  5. Tvov

Tvov

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/nugents-latest-rant.1610371/

I posted about it a few days ago, but apparently used the wrong source. I didn't post about a poll.

What's odd to me is that in the past Nugent seemed to me to be "all inclusive" when it came to guns, but those posts seem to be singling out one group of people. Plenty of Jewish folk are pro-2nd, and plenty of "Christians" are antis. Don't know why he posted that, except my skeptic kicks in - we haven't heard from / about him in awhile, and as the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity.

glockzilla10mm and janice6 like this.
  6. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

What evidence would you cite to prove that these politicians would support the individual right of an Isreali citizen to own a firearm versus the collective right of the state of Israel to exist and protect itself from outside aggression? Support of a state to maintain weapons for a collective defense does not automatically equal support for an individual right for civilians to do the same in Israel anymore than it does here.

glockzilla10mm likes this.
  7. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

I have to think pointing out the IRONY of notable Jewish anti gun rights personalities is NOTABLE.

Know your history is the thought that comes to mind. Jewish people, who number only about 16 million on the WHOLE PLANET have been targeted RELENTLESSLY. For those of us who support the liberty to keep and bear, whether we are Jewish, Christian, Atheist or WHATEVER, it is notably ironic the seemingly callous disregard for the concept of self defense by a free people that SOME Jewish (LEFTIST) Elites hold.

I would surely guess, that Ted is operating on this level. I seriously doubt that this is anything other than an attempt to discredit Ted and more importantly the National Rifle Association. This is likely all conflation, smear, and tactical assault that is part of a Leftist Strategy.

glockzilla10mm and hogship like this.
  8. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

THIS FROM TED ON FACEBOOK:

"How tragic that the self inflicted scourge of political correctness can blind so many otherwise intelligent people! Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership founder Aaron Zelman was a dear friend who often referred to me as his "2nd Amendment hero". Here are my sincere words for the great man's memorial.

No more powerful words exist better defining the battlecry for freedom than a Jew proclaiming, loud and proud, "NEVER AGAIN!" And no more powerful statement could be made for such self evident truth than a group called Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. My hero, my American BloodBrother and an American Warrior legend, the great Aaron Zelman perfectly represented all free men who refuse to be controlled by others or denied our God given right to keep and bear arms. We stand repulsed by the ugly soullessness of unarmed helplessness.

If Aaron and I were together in Nuremberg Germany in 1938, I am confident that we would have led the charge to disarm Nazis and kill them with their own Lugers, refusing to board the trains or be told what to do. Many Americans will take the mighty spirit of defiance so forcefully guided by Aaron in his lifelong dedication to crushing the enemies of freedom, by keeping his dream alive to crush any and all demonic attempts to disarm free men in our beloved America.

In our hearts, and in the winds of liberty, I feel the spirit of Aaron Zelman forever. In the wind, he is still alive. God rest his warrior soul, Godspeed his defiant spirit.

Freedom BloodBrothers, Ted Nugent & family"

9. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

http://jpfo.org/alerts2016/alert20160209.htm

Ted apparently went "over the line" by displaying the Israeli flag so prominently.
    He was chastised by the JPFO. I think it is a bit too much of the piling on. I do
    not see anything that is overtly suggesting Nugent is "ANTI SEMITIC". This is
    a success story for the opponents of 2nd amendment rights, ONLY IF people
    do not see through the smear and spin.

Ted was IN-ARTFUL I believe at worst.

10. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Meh. The more outraged the media is by something, the less I give a frak.

People on the other side say far worse and are never taken to task by the media. Funny that.

11. Redstate

Redstate

The progressives' motto: if you can't win the argument with facts, call them a racist or a bigot.
    Ted for VP.

12. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

I'm much more offended by the urbanite liberal progressives' efforts to chip away at my 2A rights than I am by Ted Nugent pointing out the fact many of them are Jewish.

glockzilla10mm, hogship and Redstate like this.
  13. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

I sent this to a Jewish friend of mine. His take is that Ted was just making a statement of fact and had nothing to do with race, religion or ethnicity and he agreed with Ted.
    I agree with my friend.
    Dano

14. D-Ric902

D-Ric902

I doubt if being Jewish even entered into his mind, even with the flag on the pictures of the meme. It just how Ted is wired.

But I'm curious,
    Anti Jewish/anti Semitic is bad
    Anti immigrant is bad
    Anti black is bad.
    Anti Hispanic is bad.

But I see all of these people who tell me that I suck and oppress others just due to my being alive.
    And I should self hate and feel guilty for existing.

And that's good?