close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So, still going to carry?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MtBaldy, Jul 14, 2013.

1. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I was going to keep carrying anyway but may have been more reluctant to shoot. Especially if I was being attacked by a minority. Justice prevailed but at what cost? Zimmerman probably spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. He will be looking over his shoulder for black crazies, and their sympathizers, for the rest of his life. He still has a slew of civil lawsuits to survive. But at least he is alive. And if he hadn't had that Kel Tec 9 mm odds are he would be dead now. I will continue to carry but I may be more reluctant to use deadly force. I hope that doesn't get me killed but it is possible it will. So what will you do different?

2. Z28ricer

Z28ricer

Have since 06', and it isn't changing now.

You'll be more reluctant to fire huh ?

When you need to make that decision, you wont have the luxury of enough time to be reluctant.

3. G22Dude

G22Dude

I would suggest that you pay even closer attention to your State's self defense laws and run through scenarios that could result in you having to use force. Don't hesitate to use force when you must

4. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

yes i will still carry, and if my head is getting bashed into the pavement i will fire, just like Z. did

5. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Of course I'll still carry.

I'll shoot if I need to, and won't if I don't. The Zimmerman trial changes nothing in my mind in that regard.

6. Pima Pants

Pima Pants Urine Idiot

My personal rule is that death needs to be on my doorstep before using deadly physical force. I have other force options at my disposal because "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

7. spork

spork Caffeinator

Nothing has changed for me. I will still carry, and my responses will be the same.

8. Caver 60

Caver 60

Absolutely yes, I will continue to carry virtually 24-7 where legal. But I'll never go looking for trouble. I won't be walking thorough the neighborhood or anyplace in the city at night (or day) where trouble may find me. I never go to bars, I don't do sports events, or other things where there might be trouble.

As ALWAYS, I'll do my best to avoid trouble even if it means embarrassment or walking or running away. If it even sounds like trouble ahead, I'll be going a different way.

But if trouble comes after me, and I fear death or great bodily harm to me or a loved one, I'll defend myself and worry about the consequences later.

The above is talking about outside my home. Inside my home, trouble may find trouble, unless they cease and desist PDQ.

9. arclight610

arclight610

Why not carry a non-lethal response as well?

10. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I hope I won't hesitate when I have to. I have talked to a couple of cops who admit to thinking about IA and how the media will treat them if they have to use their weapons. They admit it gives the ghetto thug with no thought of being second guessed by anyone a tactical advantage in a gunfight. Sux but it's the world we live in.

11. G22Dude

G22Dude

Even though my state has stand your ground law my practice has been and will always be to avoid confrontation even when I am 100% in the right. If I can safely disengage then I'm out. I've had situations where I would have justified in using for and I walked because I don't need the drama.

12. RagnarDanneskjold

RagnarDanneskjold Senior Pirate

Seriously? Your decision to use lethal force is dependent on fear of lawyer fees? That's hyperbole, right? Presumably, you're not a raving psychotic, so you would only be shooting to defend your life from an imminent and serious threat, so the obvious inference is that you prefer likely death to a remotely possible court fight! Are you nuts? Fight the fight you're in, or you won't have the opportunity to fight the next fight.

13. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Nothing different.

A long time ago I decided that if someone needs to be shot, I'll shoot them.
    Nothing has changed.

14. 427

If you carry a weapon, but are afraid to use it - for whatever reason - why carry it at all?

15. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Uh yeah, he got off didn't he?

16. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

It won't change anything for me. Here in Utah I doubt Zimmerman would have even been arrested.

17. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

No, that's facing reality. Zimmerman did nothing wrong. Arguably getting out of the truck was bad judgment but it can also be shown the Non-Emergency Number operator seemed to be asking where Martin had gone. For his troubles Zimmerman was attacked and then put through hell by a politically motivated Governor, Attorney General, and State's Attorney. So, yeah, all of that will be going through my mind if I have to draw my gun. It also means I WILL NOT draw my gun unless I, or my loved ones, are in immediate danger. A stranger getting attacked is SOL.

18. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Uh yeah, any idea how much his legal fees were? Or will continue to be once Crump and the Scheme Team file their civil suits?

19. Willfulone

Willfulone CCA Corvette

You should shoot for the foot...:whistling:

Will

20. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

He should have never been on to get off.
    Politics is just getting dirtier every day.
    Could we all just vote them all out and replace with someone new. Preferably not a lawyer.