GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Sometimes I believe glock kill themselves ..lol.
But to my opinion regarding reliability is my Beretta px4 storm compact 40sw which is a g model sa/da granted has been on par with my 40sw gen3 glocks since I bought it used . I believe that I put it through just as much if not more abuse.
Weather, dirt and clay mud..
It runs. Will I say it's a glock killer...no ,its just a damn good reliable beretta..no more..no less.

Btw slugo congrats on the g45 ,it looks great.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sometimes I believe glock kill themselves ..lol.
But to my opinion regarding reliability is my Beretta px4 storm compact 40sw which is a g model sa/da granted has been on par with my 40sw gen3 glocks since I bought. I believe that I put it through just as much if not more abuse.
Weather, dirt and clay mud..
It runs. Will I say it's a glock killer...no ,its just a damn good reliable beretta..no more..no less.

Btw slugo congrats on the g45 ,it looks great.
Yeah, I have had a bunch of semi-automatic polymer-framed, striker-fired handguns over the years, and the only one that has had any issues and had to go back to the factory was a S&W M&P40. My other three M&Ps have been fine, as have my SA XDs, Walther, and Beretta. It seems that building a solid and reliable defense pistol these days is fairly easy.

On a side note, when handling my G19 the other day, it seemed like if they took about 1/2" or a bit more off the length, then it would be a significant improvement in size and concealability. I was comparing it to my P365, and the G19 is a giant pistol with only 3 more rounds. Removing a bit off the overall length would really be an improvement, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dave514 Take it how ever you want to . Not like it matters !

Green70 Must be another fan boy life member . As have nothing rational to say when I see another " glock killer " tread .

·
Registered
42,881 Posts
Dave514 Take it how ever you want to . Not like it matters !

Green70 Must be another fan boy life member . As have nothing rational to say when I see another " glock killer " tread .
So it is you just crapping on Glocks.....on a forum called GlockTalk.

Hope that works out for you and brings all the joy and positivity you're seeking

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,234 Posts
I have been reading and listening to all kinds of comments about Glock Pistols for 20 years or more and I have come to the conclusion that when a product becomes the best or # 1 on the list, all other manufactures will try to make a better product and people who own the "Latest & Greatest" New Product will say, the new model is the Greatest or it is, "Glock Like" and this is good for the Gun Economy! I will always use and carry a Glock Pistol and never change my platform but that's because I'm Old School and The Glock fits my every need in a firearm!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dave514 I don't visit the glock only section as this is the ( General Gun Forum ) ! My shooting history goes well back for a glock was around , started shooting handguns 1961 .

So you love a glock , thats great for you , thats wonderful just don't expect everyone to want one to like them . I do have 9 other brands I enjoy with no brand preference and I only have issues with the glock killer treads and glocks grip angle and flat slab design . Bye

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Actually, when the term Glock Killer is used, it's the highest praise for the Glock! Yes, I've fallen victim myself, buying guns that have been praised as Glock Killers; the last was the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact and a CZ P-10, a number of Sig P320's. Are they good quality firearms, yes, but in no way are they Glock Killers.

I own a few Glocks and none of them has ever had a problem related to performance. Bottom line, the Glock is comprised of 30 plus parts. That alone speaks for itself. The majority utilize twice as many parts. Now I'm the proud owner of a new G45. It just may be the finest and most reliable auto-loader I have ever owned.

Sorry for the rant...
Nothing is going to kill Glock until somebody else is willing to give massive amounts of guns, essentially at cost, to any LE or Military contract that asks.

They give the guns at cost to the government, so they can turn around and mark them up to the public based on their reputation for government use.

It's a brilliant marketing strategy that's worked very well for them.

It also has nothing to do with whether there are better designs out there (there are) whether there are cheaper designs out there (obviously), and whether there are designs that are both better and cheaper (definitely.)

Perception is reality. Glock figured that out and has locked down the perception angle, with a once innovative, but now mediocre product.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts