GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I consider Glock like a Honda or Toyota. They aren't the best, but they're reliable, affordable and consistent. Once, I wasn't a fan of Glock, but as time went on I warmed up to them as my wants changed. I no longer wanted to carry a $1,000 1911. I wanted a tool that I didn't mind if it got dinged up. That is what Glock is, a tool.

I am sure there are better options out there, but Glock works for me.

If you worry about a ding or wear on a 1911 or some other all metal pistol your really don't get it and your not really a gun person . Honest wear to a firearm is just fine and expected . I just don't want a gluck as I already had some years handling and shooting normal grip angle handguns and grip's that fill my hand better than flat slab sided glucks . Do glucks function well ! Sure outside of early 40sw and I am a 40sw guy .

I could just simply could care less about owning or carrying a gluck do to the grip design so I won't keep one . I rather own and carry a Steyr over a glock as the grip fills a hand nicely just has that odd grip angle .

I like a M&P in my hand and have several going back to 2006 and colt , firestar and s&w pistols before that I carried a early production P320c for 6 years but sold it as I have older same size model I like better but we do have a p365xl for when small is wanted . If I could justify buying another poly pistol it would be a 4" compact m&p not a gluck . I know many shooter that started with glocks or carried them as LE or Vet so there use to the design . For a poly pistol I would prefer a m&p 2.0 in my hand , not a gluck .

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
If you worry about a ding or wear on a 1911 or some other all metal pistol your really don't get it and your not really a gun person . Honest wear to a firearm is just fine and expected .
This is more about economics than being a gun guy. At the time I was carrying a 1911 a $1,000 was a ton of money for me. So I was obviously going to be protective of that investment. I don't mind honest wear now, but I prefer to put that wear on a $500 gun rather than a $1,000 gun.

I just don't want a gluck as I already had some years handling and shooting normal grip angle handguns and grip's that fill my hand better than flat slab sided glucks . Do glucks function well ! Sure outside of early 40sw and I am a 40sw guy .

I could just simply could care less about owning or carrying a gluck do to the grip design so I won't keep one . I rather own and carry a Steyr over a glock as the grip fills a hand nicely just has that odd grip angle .

I like a M&P in my hand and have several going back to 2006 and colt , firestar and s&w pistols before that I carried a early production P320c for 6 years but sold it as I have older same size model I like better but we do have a p365xl for when small is wanted . If I could justify buying another poly pistol it would be a 4" compact m&p not a gluck . I know many shooter that started with glocks or carried them as LE or Vet so there use to the design . For a poly pistol I would prefer a m&p 2.0 in my hand , not a gluck .
All of these points are about preference and what you are used to. That is fine. As I said in my previous post "Glocks work for me".

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I am Glockless since about ten years ago. But I just handled a Polymer 80 the other day and I am thinking of getting one (100% version). I still have some G17 mags and the P80's grip angle points well enough for me. It is not really a Glock per se, but it is very much still a Glock to me. :)

·
Lean & Mean
15,468 Posts
Glocks are indeed excellent, but I stopped buying them years ago. I still train with one though. I wouldn’t go as far as saying that they are the most reliable autos out there. In my experience they are rather on level with many, other offerings those days. Even with the LE discount Glock pistols are way overpriced for what they are IMO. At least up here. Than again... I invest no emotions into anything plastic. They are fun tools to play with. Cheers.

Reactions: Gfive45

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I read a review once where the reviewer stated he could not bring himself to keep a gun stock. A lot of people feel this way. It is a sales enhancement to have a big aftermarket parts thing going. Glock could put out a gun enhanced just the way some want it, but it would still be changed to "make it your own."

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,851 Posts
When they say “Glock killer”, just think Glock wanna-be.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
When they say “Glock killer”, just think Glock wanna-be.
The fastest way to get me to ignore a thread altogether is to load the title with internet buzzwords, alphabet soup acronyms or blatant attention whoring.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
This is more about economics than being a gun guy. At the time I was carrying a 1911 a $1,000 was a ton of money for me. So I was obviously going to be protective of that investment. I don't mind honest wear now, but I prefer to put that wear on a $500 gun rather than a $1,000 gun.

All of these points are about preference and what you are used to. That is fine. As I said in my previous post "Glocks work for me".
I guess your whining about economics then . Thats your problem to deal with and really was not worth bring up , was it . Not like I buy expensive 1911's ether .

My preference is about most anything but a gluck . For sure an m&p over a gluck but even a Steyr before a gluck as it feels better in the hand even if the grip angle the same . Ha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glocks are pretty ugly and do have a weird grip angle compared to pretty everything else, but after 20 yrs shooting in this country,and endless firearms, they won me over for three reasons:
Reliability: ammo that chocked my (ex) P320 ran just fine in my Glocks.
Aftermarket: maybe comparable only to ARs and 1911s.
The "safe action" trigger:
This is really the kicker: I am not aware of another common platform that has a "double action striker" mechanism.
It is an unparalleled level of security against the (unlikely) event of mechanical malfunction.
The striker is never cocked until you pull the trigger.
It is very reassuring for someone who has to carry appendix...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Actually, when the term Glock Killer is used, it's the highest praise for the Glock! Yes, I've fallen victim myself, buying guns that have been praised as Glock Killers; the last was the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact and a CZ P-10, a number of Sig P320's. Are they good quality firearms, yes, but in no way are they Glock Killers.

I own a few Glocks and none of them has ever had a problem related to performance. Bottom line, the Glock is comprised of 30 plus parts. That alone speaks for itself. The majority utilize twice as many parts. Now I'm the proud owner of a new G45. It just may be the finest and most reliable auto-loader I have ever owned.

Sorry for the rant...
No such thing. Companies have been chasing Glock since the 17 first appeared. They're chasing Glock still. There are a number of very good firearms around; none are "Glock killers".

Once in a great while a company comes along with a product so good it's theirs to lose. That's Glock.

Reactions: jr24

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
slugo say's he hate's the term " gluck killer " but you starts a tread bout it . Way to go slugo !

bellavit1 Since your Glucks run fine on out of spec ammo I would love to have you try some underwood ammo as we all know glocks are more famous for KaBOOMs do the sloppy no so well supported chambers than any other brand .

Aftermarket . M&P has a very strong aftermarket following too but guess you missed that one

If you go by the BS gun company's try sell then there's a number of DAO striker fired but not function like a DA/SA pistol or a revolver !! M&P is DAO along with FH striker fired pistols , CZ P-10 and may be you should do more research first .

Now here is the kicker - Glucks " safe actions " triggers not that safe considering how many people have shot them self with a gluck . Now if they had a thumb safety option !

Your - It is an unparalleled level of security against the (unlikely) event of mechanical malfunction. Its the Unlikely parts that makes me smile . Its a mechanical tool and chit does happen to glucks too .

Oh your glock is partly cocked like every other striker fired pistol but many have different percentages of cocked and you gluck runs around 70% . Some say its 65% some some 75% , glocks say's nut'n ?? But its not a real double action , just a game most all striker fired handgun firearm company's play . I have an M&P I will carry that holds about a 95% cocked striker BUT Mine has a thumb safety like my 1911's .

Glocks are as safe as the owner is and the holster he buys and uses . We've all watched the video's of men from store clerks to federal officers shoot them self with these safe glocks both in the holsters and in there hands .. Safety start between your ears .

Nice try with your post .

·
Registered
42,882 Posts
slugo say's he hate's the term " gluck killer " but you starts a tread bout it . Way to go slugo !

bellavit1 Since your Glucks run fine on out of spec ammo I would love to have you try some underwood ammo as we all know glocks are more famous for KaBOOMs do the sloppy no so well supported chambers than any other brand .

Aftermarket . M&P has a very strong aftermarket following too but guess you missed that one

If you go by the BS gun company's try sell then there's a number of DAO striker fired but not function like a DA/SA pistol or a revolver !! M&P is DAO along with FH striker fired pistols , CZ P-10 and may be you should do more research first .

Now here is the kicker - Glucks " safe actions " triggers not that safe considering how many people have shot them self with a gluck . Now if they had a thumb safety option !

Your - It is an unparalleled level of security against the (unlikely) event of mechanical malfunction. Its the Unlikely parts that makes me smile . Its a mechanical tool and chit does happen to glucks too .

Oh your glock is partly cocked like every other striker fired pistol but many have different percentages of cocked and you gluck runs around 70% . Some say its 65% some some 75% , glocks say's nut'n ?? But its not a real double action , just a game most all striker fired handgun firearm company's play . I have an M&P I will carry that holds about a 95% cocked striker BUT Mine has a thumb safety like my 1911's .

Glocks are as safe as the owner is and the holster he buys and uses . We've all watched the video's of men from store clerks to federal officers shoot them self with these safe glocks both in the holsters and in there hands .. Safety start between your ears .

Nice try with your post .

Why do you keep saying gluck? It sounds dumb.

Reactions: CarryTexas and jr24

·
Registered
42,882 Posts
So does the whole " Glock Killer " garbage so call them a gluck .
I know what "glock killer" indicates. What does "gluck" mean? Is that a derogatory way to refer to Glocks?

Reactions: CarryTexas and jr24
101 - 120 of 128 Posts