GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any establishment that serves food and/or alcoholic beverages is required to:
  • a. Limit occupancy to 50%
  • b. Close at 10 pm
  • c. Require patrons to wear masks at all times except when actually eating a bite of food or drinking a beverage
  • d. Limit groups dining together to 6 people (but no more than 4 adults)
Remember how we were all making fun of Gavin Gruesome for telling people to take the mask off and on between bites? Well the stupid has now spread 2/3 of the way across the country to our county in TN.

I went out for barbecue Saturday night, and I was trying to imagine what my mask would look like after eating ribs and brisket slathered in sauce. This has got to be the most ridiculous bull**** yet.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah well, that's what happens when 2000 people per day are dying and the medical system is overwhelmed.

Sorry for the slight inconvenience.
I would expect nothing less from you Cowgirl...

It's not like 30% more of the local restaurants, mostly small businesses, will go out of business and never come back or anything like that. The attitude you have is that you will ruin thousands of lives by destroying their livlihoods so you can feel safe.

If you're scared, stay home, and quit acting like soothing your fear is everyone else's responsibility.

·
Registered
560 Posts
OP, just curious where you are at in TN? I live in a small town about 60 miles west of Knoxville. No mandates like that here.

Seems the aggravation of going out to eat is not worth having a meal at your preferred restaraunt. On the bright side you have more discretionary income to spend on ammo. Please do not think I am being snarky, I am about fed up with this stuff as well and I don't have to put up with the mandates that the larger cities have.

·
Registered
546 Posts
2000 per day is 730,000 a year. Normal deaths in the USA is a little under 3 million. Why no concern for the other 2 million? Data for the year is not finalized, but it does not look like covid19 is going to change the number of deaths enough to be even noticed.

·
Registered
20,201 Posts
Dodge City, Ks. in the county south of me has passed a $15 fine for not wearing a mask. I don't envy the cops that will have to enforce it.

PS. Guess who will not be visiting Dodge City in the near future.

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,527 Posts
Dodge City, Ks. in the county south of me has passed a $15 fine for not wearing a mask. I don't envy the cops that will have to enforce it.

PS. Guess who will not be visiting Dodge City in the near future.
Land of the free is getting pretty well outdated it seems. When In the hell did this country get the power to “mandate” anything?

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you think it is BS, are you going to comply? Are you organizing your friends to not comply? You should operate in teams. Go out but only with others who can cover you.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OP, just curious where you are at in TN? I live in a small town about 60 miles west of Knoxville. No mandates like that here.

Seems the aggravation of going out to eat is not worth having a meal at your preferred restaraunt. On the bright side you have more discretionary income to spend on ammo. Please do not think I am being snarky, I am about fed up with this stuff as well and I don't have to put up with the mandates that the larger cities have.
Shelby County, Germantown just outside of Memphis.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Herd Immunity....
I will ask this Cowgirl.....Is COVID 19 a Virus....Yes!
Is Influenza a virus..... Yes it is....
Does the Flu virus come back every year> Yes it does! It mutates...the Flu shot is nothing but a low dose of last years flu..
So what makes you think this thing, COVID19 is EVER going away.. it won't it will mutate just as the flu does now. We'll create some concoction and call it a vaccine but, Next year and in our future we will continue to deal with it.. and we will survive.
Those with serious conditions should be extremely careful, state indoors, wear masks when out and about but, don't advocate everyone everywhere to do crap that prevents them from building immunity...
Less than .02% of our population is dying from this virus. As far as health care workers lighting us all up because they're overwhelmed and working overtime. I don't really have any sympathy for them. You took a job to provide aide to the sick and dying. It's your job, take it on and quit telling us we are selfish. Just like our military men and women shipping out and fighting far from home and dying. They took the job and they darn well should know that dying something that could happen when they go into harms way.

I'll stop here but, We are a Free Republic and enough of this crap from our Do as I say, Not as I do politicians.

·
Registered
736 Posts
There is risk in everything

Driving cars is dangerous. Let's ban those now.

And no.....just no. There are NOT 2k people per day dying of covid. Sorry.

Nobodybwas freaking out over 61 million swine flu cases or when we have a bad flu year.

This has been going on for 10 Flippin Months. The masks and lockdowns have been going on the whole time.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts