So Now That They Have Jailed The Kansas Clerk

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by eb07, Sep 4, 2015.

1. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

For refusing to follow the law in regards to the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage, when can we expect federal officials to be thrown in jail for ignoring our immigration laws? Ignoring federal drug laws in states like CO and WA?

Jerry Brown for ignoring prop 8

I am patiently waiting.

janice6, TBO, JMag and 3 others like this.
  2. nursetim

nursetim

Exactly! If they are throwing people who aren't doing their jobs, then congress, the senate, the VA, AND the potus ought to be soiling themselves because they are looking at long hard time.

IndyGunFreak, janice6, TBO and 3 others like this.

3. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Yep. Where is the jailing of all the sanctuary city mayors? All the California/NY/NJ/DC/MD/Etc sheriffs or CoPoilce who ignore the 2A and concealed carry laws? I am waiting.....

IndyGunFreak, janice6, TBO and 3 others like this.
  4. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Good points ALL! Problem is, the poor clerk offended a "protected species" and obama and his minions will give her the boot to the head. The rest are politicians, a "protected species" and obammy sides with them. So you know who's gonna come out on top here. Besides, it's just religious preference. It's nothing important like over-burdening the economy, killing and raping Americans (a 2nd class species these days) and sucking the entitlements dry even though they should be ineligible. King obammy says so.

GlockPride and D-Ric902 like this.
  5. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

Suddenly the Left doesn't like civil disobedience? Interesting.

6. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

She's in Kentucky..not Kansas.

7. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

I suppose the state doesn't matter there's a whack job in Tennessee doing something crazy on the bench now with his rulings to fail to grant divorces until the Supreme Court specifies what a divorce is or something crazy like that

hooligan74 and tattooo like this.
  8. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I'm getting robo emails from some of the usual suspects claiming she is being jailed for her religious beliefs.

That is a bald face LIE. She is not being jailed for her religious beliefs. She is being jailed because she is failing to fulfill her duties as a county clerk in compliance with the law and court rulings. She is in contempt of court. She is not under religious persecution as some would like to claim.

She can always resign her position and practice her religion as she sees fit without interference.

9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

She has been denied bail.

Suspected murderers get bail.

But a disobedient housewife from Kentucky goes to jail. :fist:

If she were an illegal immigrant she would be released and offered public housing and a scholarship.

The judge should be tarred, feathered, and rode out of town on a rail.

Edit: She is nothing more than a political prisoner and the judge is using her as an example to whip everyone else into line.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    janice6, TBO, KWalrad and 2 others like this.
  10. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Denied bail? Oh, my. Next, we'll find out that she wasn't even convicted by a jury of her peers.

No disrespect, but that's how a contempt case goes. She basically gets to sit until she purges herself of the contempt.

11. pipedreams

pipedreams "Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"

I can’t help but wonder when the city council’s of the Sanctuary cities are going to jail for refusing to follow Federal Law? Or when the Governor of Colorado is going to jail for refusing to follow Federal Law by allowing his citizens to smoke pot in direct contempt of Federal Law????? I CONSTANTLY hear that we are a “Nation of Laws”. Where are the Federal Judges when it comes to these cases?

D-Ric902 likes this.
  12. amd65

amd65

As far as I'm concerned, she can rot there.
    Too bad somebody didn't deny her a marriage license for her previous, multiple failed marriages.

tenforme likes this.
  13. robbcayman

robbcayman

Not the same deal. She refused to act under multiple court orders regarding a direct circumstance. When the court tells you to do something or you go to jail.. you better comply.

On a side note, she is a major ****** for caring so much what other people want to do with their own sexual lives. If she can't do the job because it is against her moral code she can resign. The separation of church and state is there for a good reason. What if a Muslim clerk refused to marry any non female virgins due to their religious conscience and so on? This woman is a complete clown.

Rocknropes and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  14. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Ya got me on a technicality. ;)
    In any case she is a slave to the judge. By the way, can anyone cite the code she violated? Or was it just his will?

Regards,

D-Ric902 likes this.
  15. pipedreams

pipedreams "Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"

This may get interesting as people like Franklin Graham start to speak out.

"In a post on his Facebook page Friday, Franklin Graham, the head of a foundation named after his father and head of global charity Samaritan's Purse, says a federal judge's decision to jail Davis after she refused to issue marriage certificates to same-sex couples gives further proof of a "criminalization of Christianity.""
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fr...s-kentucky-county-clerk/2015/09/04/id/673603/

"Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul told CNN that he believes the decision is going to receive a lot of blowback and even set the gay rights movement back."
    "I think it's absurd to put someone in jail for exercising their religious liberty," Paul said. "I think it's a real mistake and even those on the other side of the issue, I think it sets their movement back."
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/clerk-candidates-rally-gay-marriage/2015/09/04/id/673550/

D-Ric902 likes this.
  16. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

That won't happen. They are Progressive Democrats and they are so full of good intentions! We can only aspire to be as good and caring as they are.

Regards,

D-Ric902 and pipedreams like this.
  17. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

That's what the State needs. People who follow orders. One Supreme Court Justice's opinion altered the history of Western Civilization going back thousands of years. And the whole country had better toe the line or else.

I wasn't aware she was inside people's bedrooms. I didn't know she refusing to provide sexual activity licenses. I thought she was being forced to issue marriage licenses. Whether I agree with her or not, she is following her conscience, all the way to jail. Not many internet commandos have the stones she has.

When secular progressive policies are enacted by judicial fiat, people are expected to comply without question. When secular progressive policies are not enacted, people (including politicians) are expected to ignore the laws or rules and follow their consciences. Federal laws against marijuana possession come to mind. Heads they win, tails you lose.

GlockPride and D-Ric902 like this.
  18. EOS

EOS National Capitalist

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1441492637.852211.jpg

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1441492651.705270.jpg

Leave religion at home. That doesn't mean you're being persecuted. That goes for muzzies and Jesus freaks.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  19. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

"I'm sorry, sir, but slavery is a sin. I can't return your runaway slave to you because of my religious beliefs, no matter what the Dred Scott ruling said." Yep, leave religion at home, along with your morality and sense of right and wrong.

D-Ric902 and DesertEagle.45 like this.
  20. EOS

EOS National Capitalist

Really?