GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Dems have taken total control of the government, and since the filibuster will be going down like a cheerleader on prom night.... the Dems can pass pretty much any gun control they please.

So let’s assume a national 10 round mag limit is forthcoming in the near future, along with a no grandfathering clause.

Assuming you are ACTUALLY limited to a handgun with 10 round mag or less:

What would be your pick for EDC?

What would be your pick for a HD handgun?

(No rifle-caliber pistols with, or without braces. We can be sure those will be banned by separate legislation. Only handgun calibers.)

·
Glock 23
559 Posts
I’m sure they will bypass that and go straight to banning the guns.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,654 Posts
EDC=Glock 26.4/M&P40 2.0 subcompact

HD-Glock 30.4/M&P45 2.0 full size

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
I hear you domin, I used to say they can't a lot also, guess what "THEY" do what the hell they want to nowadays it seems,.

This question is simple to me, my Glock-23 is now eleven instead of fourteen, I lose three rounds but still carry eleven rounds of .40.
A G-27 BUG with a (+) extension gives me the same eleven rounds in a smaller package,
HOOP THERE IT IS!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I will still carry my G23, I bought my first one when the Clinton era bans were in effect....still have a number of 10 round mags.

·
Registered
566 Posts
They can't pass a ban without a grandfather clause unless they compensate for what they are banning. SCOTUS has said so. Let's get that straight going forward.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I would like to believe this, but I think the constitution is off the table along with SCOTUS. Anything is possible now.

for the OP question.

G26
48/43
My fleet of Kahrs.
Full size 1911s.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
What are my druthers given a 10 round limit?

HD gun?
12 ga pump with a 5 round mag stoked with buckshot for the first 5, slugs on the buttstock carrier in case 5 rounds of 00 buck ain't good enough.

CC gun?
Taurus G2 with 10 round mags and upgraded sights. Its cheap, it works, and its 10 rounds of 9x19 JHP in a package that's about the same size as a Colt Detective Special.

I still prefer revolvers over self-loading pistols but cost is a big concern and I reckon any gun carried or used in such an antigun environment is one I should be prepared to lose. Anyway, I'd hate to lose any of my revolvers, I get too attached to 'em.

Grumpy

·
NRA Life Member
64,110 Posts
Our COVID/election year panic buying is about to bite us in the ___ in a few months, I just can' predict how. One possibility is that we will not be able to stock up on the specific things they are banning. Another is that the hoarders may be stuck with all they hoarded and won't be ale to sell it or, worst case, will have to turn it over the the gov.

·
NRA Life Member
64,110 Posts
They can't pass a ban without a grandfather clause unless they compensate for what they are banning. SCOTUS has said so. Let's get that straight going forward.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You mean like how they paid everybody for all that liquor during prohibition? No, they didn't.

Like they sent everybody a check for their bump stocks? ...you got your check, right?

The constitution says they have to pay you if they take you property and convert it to public use. Not if they make it illegal contraband.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I don't think it's that easy. Despite the razor thin Dem majority, gun control is still poison to political careers in many states and districts. Clinton didn't enjoy a Dem majority after the 94 election largely because of the AWB.
In any case, I have plenty of "less than 10" backups.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Glock 43 until I completely trust my Sig P365 so no change.

I have heard on day one they are also going to confiscate all 401ks to fund SS, ban all guns, confiscate all privately owned homes and give them to the underprivileged as a form of reparations, add a new payroll tax of 50% to fund universal basic income, increase the gas tax to $5/ gallon to fight global warming, require all TVs/computers/phones to constantly broadcast a live stream of MSNBC with no way to turn it off, implement no economic policy not officially approved by the Peoples Republic of China, add a couple of years to high school for political indoctrination, open all the borders and fly any potential immigrant in first class to make the trip easier, make DC/San Francisco/Portland/NYC states so increase the Democratic majority and pack the Supreme Court with enough rubber stamp judges to make sure all the blatantly unconstitutional parts of that don't get thrown out. With the filibuster gone there is NOTHING to stop any of this from happening!

Yes, we lost an election and and are going to pay a price. I expect to see an AWB passed if there is a horrific mass shooting but with existing guns and magazines grandfathered in. But its way too early to throw in the towel. Democrats have controlled all three branches of government in the past and the world did not end. The US is not going to become California overnight. Both the House and Senate have very narrow Democratic majorities and they know if they go to far they will lose in a landslide in in 2022. Elections do matter but the gloom and doom here on GlockTalkj is getting so out of hand I am finding myself spending less time here than I used to.

I used green to color code sarcasm since so many people online take sarcasm seriously.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts