close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

so my little puppy...

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Ender, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

apparently was mad at me or something...i dunno.

she...get this...

took the pillow case off the pillow and threw it on the floor. shredded the pillow, UNstuffed it, and then came out to let me know.

i was laughing to hard to yell at her...

2. blasto

blasto 7 of 9 (lives)

SO......SO THERE! RAWR!

Dogs are just to damn funny sometimes to be mad at them.

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

My little dog's favorite trick when he was mad was to pee up in the toe of my shoe. After I took about three steps, I felt it :(

RIP Alf.

4. SmartOne

SmartOne GoingIn CoverMe

:) The greatest dog I ever owned did this very same thing to my brand new leather covered Lazy Boy recliner. The first time I left her home, alone, she became mad at me for going out without her; and, in her own peculiar canine way, she took her revenge!

When I came home that afternoon I almost choked when I saw that new $800 dollar chair, all torn apart, with her sitting next to it with stuffing hanging out of her jowls. I had to stifle an initial impulse to shoot her. (Something I really didn’t want to do; but I was furious!) In order to save myself from making an irrevocable mistake, I immediately turned around, walked out the door, and walked around the block for more than an hour. I slowly began to realize that she had chosen to destroy that object in the house that was most covered with my personal scent. I suspected that this dog was VERY fond of me; and I was finally able to calm my hot Sicilian temper.

After walking around the block, over and over again, I went home, locked her in a large cage, and cleaned up the mess. That night I went out and bought a much cheaper recliner. I continued to lock her in that cage whenever I went out for the next 3 or 4 months. Once I began leaving her out again she, thankfully, didn't return to the same destructive behavior.

It began to occur to me that this hard-headed, ‘Batch’ was insanely jealous of my time and attention. She only had one interest in her life; and I was it! She eventually turned out to be the greatest dog I've ever owned, and would have died on command for me if I asked it of her. She was wiser than most animals I’ve trained and (So help me) seemed to be almost psychically tuned into me. She developed into an excellent tracking and attack dog; and, during the last half of her life, she got her wish: She became my constant companion. I had her for almost 14 years. I never cried at any family funeral before in my life; but, the day she passed, I cried like a baby and couldn’t eat. Her name was, 'Sadie-Jane'. She was an American Pit Bull Terrier. ;)

5. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

smartone...

i think you realized something a lot of people don't: a dog is one part of your life. you are the ONLY major part of your pet's life. good pets live for their owners...

hell, i feel bad when i have to work all day and can't give her as much attention as i want....to make up for it i take her on 'errands' with me whenever i can (people in drive-thrus usually have something nice to say about too!), and make sure that if i've worked a lot, i spend at least 20-30 mins with her right when i get home...

i also let her sleep in my bed some nights...i keep that kinda random, and the other nights she spends in her cage (in my room), if i want the whole bed to myself...she had a habit of taking up 3/4 of the bed if i let her...and shes a lot smaller than i am! ;)

6. SmartOne

SmartOne GoingIn CoverMe

:) OK, if it’s true confessions time: My wife and I have slept in the same king-sized bed with, at least, 2 dogs for the past 25 years. On cold nights she always seems to get the bigger dog, too. We don’t use electric blankets, (There supposed to be bad for you.) and have the habit of turning down the heat before we go to bed. If there’s one thing I hate it’s climbing into an ice-cold bed all by myself; fortunately, I’ve got a large Pit Bull that’s willing to climb in with me; and, I swear, she understands that I’m cold; however, when my wife shows up, she always changes sides, snuggles up to my wife, and (Me?) I get the little guy. Well, at least, he’s big enough to weasel his way down to the bottom of the bed and keep my feet warm!

What I don’t understand is, ‘Why’ so many of my friends are reluctant to admit that they sleep with their dogs? Could it be because, ‘Real men’ don’t sleep with dogs? Come on, now, I know plenty of, ‘real men’ who have and, sometimes, still do!

Safer than an electric blanket; and, when you wake up, you don’t hate yourself in the morning! :cool:

7. BobRicks

BobRicks

I sleep with three dog just about every night. My mini-daschund has slept with us from the first day we picked her up, and she is 12 years old now. Sure is nice on these cold nights to have one of the three down by my feet, and another one in between me and the wife.

8. BigDog

BigDog

OK, I'll say it. Real men sleep with their dogs. It's all these "real men" on the board that get all googley over their cats that I don't get. And while I'm ranting, there are too many cat pictures posted and not enough dog pictures. I'll feel better with another dog picture posted........there!

9. Vic303

Vic303 Senior Member

My...what big white teeth your dog has, there!;f

Charlie with our oldest asleep.