Glock Talk banner

So many questions

1106 Views 22 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  GhosT.
Was it glock fault? Was it glock owners fault? Just kidding....Guy got lucky while being stupid.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,193 Posts
Video titled:

"I think I'll video this dude, who needs to adjust his sights so his Glock won't hit low left because he is a terrible shot, in case the wildlife officer needs evidence as to how a cougar seeks it's prey"

· Banned
27,646 Posts
Video titled:

"I think I'll video this dude, who needs to adjust his sights so his Glock won't hit low left because he is a terrible shot, in case the wildlife officer needs evidence as to how a cougar seeks it's prey"
He’ll prob make an account here in a day or 2. Needs a trigger job to resolve the misses…

· Registered
8,977 Posts
I've encountered many cougars over the decades at my remote camp in Northern California. Cougars are most active at dusk and dawn, a daylight sighting is uncommon. First of all, you never back away. Stand tall, yell loudly, wave your arms, and advance on them. And yes, you hold your Glock gangster style.

· MacGyver
10,857 Posts
Brought up on video games, and got confused. Kept the cat in the center of the screen because that's where the cross hairs and the shot goes...in a game.

· Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Warning shots.
I‘ve shot those into the snow in front of an angry moose. Cow was mad at me. Didn’t want to kill her, and it convinced her to seek life elsewhere. Happens more often than some might think. Works on juvenile delinquent bears, too.

Definitely would not have tried it with this cat.

· Registered
9,109 Posts
That’s actually a pretty good teaching aid for self defense…

close range and it looks like he’s flinching and throwing the shots into the ground
It’s better than videoing yourself shooting tin cans. He is probably experiencing perceived recoil, he looks to be a 6’2 muscular guy around 300lbs. I didn’t get to see his draw stroke but it’s probably like he’s bowling.

· Registered
222 Posts
His gun is just fine. He was scared ****less and missed. like 90+ percent of us would. Missing actually saved him some time chatting with the conservation department.

Obviously, he should have immediately dropped the phone the second he realized he was on kitty’s menu.
But hey, he got his video and he is alive to share it. Good for him.
It looks to me that he did about as good as one could expect. I get he was not trained to stand tall etc. I would guess a great many folks in cat country never consider ‘training’
He missed that on that one….but he was armed and he kept that cat in his sights. Pretty good if you ask me.
I am not sure I would have done so well🤔

· Registered
13,936 Posts
That looks to be a mostly turkey hunting YouTube channel.

I hate to be jaded, but he got an exciting video for his subscribers. Why else only use a one handed grip when you are supposedly fighting for your life? I don't see that those were "warning shots". Way too close to the cat to be just warning shots. Odd that someone who seems to be an experienced hunter would have such bad aim.

But great video, right?

Reactions: Amundsen
1 - 20 of 23 Posts