close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So, I'm in the mood to whine and complain...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kadetklapp, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

I've been wanting an AR-15 bolt-face decal for quite some time. Apparently, they are now copyrighted by Ar15.com or whatever. I've not been a member there before. In order to get one, you have to "log on" to their store, which means you have to be a member of their forums. To be a member of their forums, you have to have a "real" email address. :upeyes: I've used Gmail without issues for quite some time, and I have no intention of using my work email for such a thing, nor do I intend to "buy" a email address from the phone company. :upeyes:

If Ar15.com is so uptight that they went so far as to copyright the image, you'd think that they would make it slightly easier to sell them....:dunno:

That is all.:supergrin:

2. Hawkwood

Hawkwood

How do you copyright an image of something that is in common usage? That's like me drawing a stick figure of a man, and then suing every restroom in the country for violating my copyright. It's not unique...and AR15.com certainly doesn't hold a patent on the original design source. What would stop anyone else from recreating the image themselves and then doing whatever the hell they wanted?

(I am sensitive to this...only because I incorporated the design of an AR-15 boltface into a great RKBA tattoo. :))

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010

3. majic man

majic man

Just create a free email account with hotmail or make another one with gmail. Then send all the stuff you don't want to see to that address. Or if you just feel like complaining, then yes it sucks.:supergrin:

4. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

That's just it- you aren't allowed to use Yahoo or gMAIL. It has to be a email tied directly to your computer, which is stupid.

I don't know how they got the stupid copyright, maybe arf.com were the original designers of the decal. I don't care if they have it copyrighted, but if they are going to be the only holders of it, they should make it easier to buy from them, IMO.

5. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

How the hell can you copyright a picture of an object?

I don't get it.

F 'em, go get your own made.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  6. badr1

badr1

THIS^^^^^ I got mine made @ a local sign shop for $2.00 (8" white decal)