So I'm doing a good deed today..how about you?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cool Impala Glocker, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Cool Impala Glocker

Cool Impala Glocker NRA Member

I believe I am doing a good deed today. Just wondered if you all have any feel good deeds you've done unto others?? Please share...

I have this treadmill I bought a couple of years ago. Not state of the art, but it elevates up to 10 degrees I believe and goes up to 15 mph. I used it when I needed it at the most...but lately its been sitting collecting dust. I posted on Facebook and Craigs list to sell for $200...for a week..no bites.
    Then a friend I've known pretty much my whole life and is also a church member WHEN they can come...raised their hand for it. Thing is...she is very close to being legally blind, but can still see pretty well despite her limitations. She also has another disability that I'm not real aware of, but didn't want to put my nose in where it don't belong.
    She lives on fixed income and lives out in the country. She said she used to live in town and she loved walking the streets and lost a lot of weight doing that, but since she moved to the country she gained it back. She wanted the treadmill but couldnt meet my full asking price upfront. I said "forget it..you are my Christian friend...I've known you my whole life...just come and get it...then mail me the money how much you can..when you can". She broke down in tears and said I was so nice to do that. So her and her husband are coming to get it and the husband is going to give me 2 checks post dated to cash. I told him to not worry about it...but he insisted.

Sure makes me feel like I am/did the right thing?? :supergrin:

2. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

I'm going to hoyer life mom out of bed, feed her, change the dressing on her leg, feed her lunch, put her on the commode, take her outside for some fresh air, put her back to bed, and repeat the process for supper.

That is pretty much my routine since 2007.

3. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

Nice!

Someone has been doing me a huge favor for the past few weeks. Her "act of kindess" towards me is something that has really touched my heart.

4. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

Bruno, I did this for nearly a decade with my mom. I would give anything and everything I have to get that time back. After all was said and done; that "job" was the best thing that ever happened to me.

5. Z1232K

Z1232K Heavy Hauler CLM

Why not just tell them to put the money in the offering tray at church...

6. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

I take my 94 year old neighbor out to diner once a week. Every other week I will take this needy person I know and fill her fridge up with grocery's. Actually the best good deeds I do does not involve money. Too numerous to mention.

7. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

You are a fine gent! :wavey:

8. lwt210

lwt210

Or cash the checks and put the money in the offering plate yourself. That way they are happy with the deal, you got rid of something clogging up space, and the money can go on to help someone else out.

9. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

I know the feeling, started with grandma and grandpa in 1972 and have been going strong since.

I'd give anything to have an hour to sit and talk with grandpa again.

10. Harvick

Harvick

Great thread... The BEST acts of kindness and generosity are the ones NEVER spoken of.:winkie:

11. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe CLM

I agree in principle, but what if I tell of something I did and it gives someone else an idea to do something similar?

12. The Hawk

The Hawk

Several of my friends from high school (1975) still get together from time to time.
    I recieved an e mail that one of our buddies had fallen on hard times. He has cancer, lost his job, had to sell his house, etc. Anyway, he is now living in a small apt. that he rents. We got together and went to the apt. office and paid his rent for a few months. I also sent him a gift card to the local grocery store. Did not put return address on envelope.
    I also try and help other folks when I can. I have been on the recieving end of "randon acts of kindness". The people that helped me just told me to 'keep it going' so I try to do that. It feels good to be able to help others.

13. hpracing007

hpracing007

I checked my work email and I'm not even on the clock.

14. Harvick

Harvick

The people on the receiving end WILL tell of the generosity that was bestowed on them. The person who did it, need not say a word (it's usually obvious).

15. Ragnar

Ragnar

I didn't kill anyone who needed killing today. Does that count?

16. okie

okie GT Mayor

I did my part today, I went to the post office and this cat was packin a huge box and I held the door open for him, then when I was at the store this lady wanted to but a box of band aids but she couldn't reach them, so I got a box down for her :supergrin:

17. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Truth.

18. Harvick

Harvick

Then you looked down her shirt, didn't ya? Fess up okie.:supergrin:

19. Kuroineko

Kuroineko

I even plan on showing up today.

20. brausso

brausso

That's not very cop-like of you :supergrin: