So if you live in the Indy area and want to go to a range

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by coastal4974, May 20, 2012.

1. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

the point blank ranges are nice

2. mkubancsek

mkubancsek

My preferred Indy range is Indy Trading Post on Madison just south of downtown. Small, and not the "finest" looking (it's not Point Blank), but it gets the job done for regular/weekly training. I go early afternoons on my weekday off (usually) and I have never had more than one other person on the range. They have 6 stalls, I think. $8 for half hour, 12 for full.... best deal I have found around here.

3. Tactically Fat

Tactically Fat

There are two Point Blank stores that are nice. Their lunch-hour half-price rates for lanes is fantastic if you're able.

Parabellum in Avon is nice. They'll actually allow drawing from a holster there - provided you're not a maroon.

Indy Trading Post used to be OK. A neighbor of mine still shoots there but I haven't been in a while. Last time I shot there I wasn't a fan of the lack of air ventilation.

Indy Arms Company is a nice place, too. I know one of the FT employees (on the retail side) decently well. But I've not yet had a chance to shoot at their range.

I haven't darkened Pop Guns / Indy Gun Bunker's doors in YEARS and YEARS. There are just too many other better shops/ranges in the area IMO.

I'm still sad that I never had a chance to shoot at Beech Grove Firearms before the fire. And sad that I never will because it'll be a miracle if they're ever able to open the range again.

happyguy likes this.
  4. Glock knuckle

Glock knuckle

Been going to point blank on the north side. Good experiences there so far. Lunch time special during the week $9 for a half hour.

They have normal gun and ammo sales as well. Bought a g42 during there last Glock sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Lawdog3

Lawdog3 " Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"

Highsmith guns in Greenfield has a great range 11 available. Shane Highsmith is a great guy to do business.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

6. glocker991

glocker991

There is Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield

45/21pop likes this.
  7. wizardfitz

wizardfitz

Problem with point blank is their new policy of scanning your drivers license

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

The sad thing is... Back when Eric created the State sub forums... The Indiana sub was one of the more active... Up there with Texas and Florida... and there's a lot less members here from Indiana, than either of those states.

When INGO opened up, pretty much everyone headed that way.