Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by coastal4974, May 20, 2012.
where do you go, besides Pop?
Thats what I thought, 50 views and no one knows of another range.
I cant believe that as gun friendly as Indiana is that there are not more ranges. One on the north and south side should do pretty well but for some reason, no one has jumped on the opportunity. I wonder if its state/county regulations that keep it from happening, I have a hard time thinking its would be lack of interest.
I went to a range at Johnson County Park yesterday. It's part of the immediate Camp Atterbury base area. Privately run, well maintained and 6 bucks an hour. Small pro shop available. They have rifle and pistol ranges. It is just off US 31 near Edingurgh.
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately thats pretty far from Hamilton County, it would take me over an hour and a half to get there. That would be okay for training or a match but not to knock off a box or two.
My guess is that if it too hard to get to a range to practice that most people just dont, thats too bad.
Marion County Fish and Game:
DNR: - I have been to Wilbur Wright
We have 20 lanes with 5-7 NRA RSO's working.
Look up Indy Trading Post. It's an indoor range, but you can't beat their range prices. $6 per 1/2hr, $8 for 2 people... even cheaper if you buy a 10 session pass. Sometimes that have a Groupon or Living Social deal... 10 range sessions for $30-35. I believe ITP is off Madison Avenue on the southside.
G19 - Gen 3
G37 - Gen 3
NEF Pardner SBI 12 Ga.
Savage Model 24 - .22LR/410
Sounds nice! I wish they were open on weekdays, some of those courses sounds great.
Point Blank in greenwood.
I believe they have a store on the north side as well.
MCF&G for outdoors shooting and Indy Arms Co over at 55th & Tacoma for indoors.
I go to Parabellum Firearms in Avon, IN or, on occasion, I hit up Point Blank in Greenwood.
Outdoor range near Atlanta In.
Pops is now Indy Gun Bunker
I have a membership .
95% of the time, MCF&G. The other 5%... Don's (is he still open... haven't been since he passed). My main shooting partner lives in Plainfield, and I live in New Whiteland... so those two are a pretty happy median for us to meet at.
I've gotten WAY back into shooting matches and will be coming back to Indy soon. I spent some time on the MCF&G website, and it seems that their matches are open to non-members correct? I'm not sure I want to go with a full membership as I travel so extensively, and I'd want to check it out first. Are there any other places within an 1:20 or so? Atlanta CC and Wildcat are on my list, but even Wildcat is a bit far. Any decent outdoor ranges that don't require a membership so I could sight things in? Eagle Creek is no longer open to the public is it?
A retired IMPD (back then it was IPD) motor cop has a range near Greenwood and offers NRA instruction. If you take one of his classes he allows you to use his range for free when he's not teaching a class. He even supplies the targets and has a jar in the range building for donations for range upkeep. It's an outdoor range.
Jim is good people.
Atlanta Conservation Club is open to public for MATCHES.
You would need to join for informal/practice.
29595 Leonard Road, Atlanta, IN 46031
ACC is my home base for the classes I teach . . .
Highsmith guns in Greenfield. It’s expensive though $ 18.00 bucks for an hour
$18hr Range Time?? FREE AMMO?
INGO sure has this part of GlockTalk DEAD!!
Nice range but too expensive. I go to Deer Creek conservation club in Grant county 10.00 for as long as it’s light out or 150.00 a year.