So if getting a Glock and want night sights which is the best way?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hometheaterman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

So I'm still shopping around as it will be a few months until I buy anything. However, I'm thinking I want a Glock and I want Trijicon night sights. I don't want the Glock brand ones nor do I want the fixed sights. Anyway, I was thinking of using one of the GSSF certificates and I see they list a price for a fixed sight one, one with Glock night sights, and one with the Trijicon night sights. So does this mean it comes straight from Glock with the Trijicons already installed? The local place that accepts the certificate says that they don't stock the one with the night sights installed from the factory, but they can install a set of Trijicons there. It would even out to about the same price as getting them already on there for the price on the GSSF certificate.

So would I be better off to get them to order what I want with the Trijicons already installed? Or would there be no disadvantage to just getting the fixed sight one and having them install the Trijicons? The only thing I'm really worried about is since they are fixed sights I don't want them to not be zeroed in and then the pistol not be accurate and me have to pay to have them adjusted. Is this a concern with dealer installed night sights? Or is this something that's not likely to happen?

2. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

If your dealer has a certified Glock armorer on staff and they are even reasonably competent, it'll be the exact same result as ordering from the factory with the Trijicons already installed. I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure that anyone doing any work on your firearm is certified by the manufacturer and you should be golden. After the fact, if something is wrong with their work, make them make it right at no cost. Hope this helps.

3. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

Okay, thanks. Do I just ask if they are certified by Glock to work on the guns or what? Price wise it was going to be almost exactly the same if not a dollar or so cheaper.

4. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

if you are buying a gun from a glock dealer im sure that they will have someone there that can put night sights on for you.

5. seamaster

seamaster

Order your gun with night sights from the factory. They are still selling like crazy which means you are getting a fresh set of night sights. If you buy a set after the fact you end up with what ever date of manufacture they have on hand. They last about 12 years which is great if you get a fresh set. A new set thats been sitting in a gun shops inventory for 4 years would not be so great!

6. OUSooner

OUSooner

I like the Glock factory night sights the best as they are a great value and are tennifer treated.

7. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

I'm guessing they would be fairly new unless they sat at the distributor for a long time. The reason I say this as they told me they were sold out of the night sights right now but were expecting more in.

8. dday27

dday27

If you go with aftermarket sights look into the The Ameriglo Pro Operators, Great sight picture and not to costly.....

9. hikerpaddler

hikerpaddler

Trijicon or Meprolight, factory installed or after, can't go wrong.

10. Jim S.

Jim S.

I like the Glock night sights. Only like the XS Big Dots (24/7) better.

11. HogGlocker

HogGlocker Owner Since 88'

MEPS only for me.............always either installed by Cert GA or blue label ordered with the MEPS put on at the factory by Glock.

12. Spike32

Spike32

+1 on the Ameriglo Operators. Mine are great and really bright. I like the orange rear sights better than the green.

13. BKG-22

BKG-22 Millennium Member

Interesting - my experience has always been a little cheaper if i get them installed at the factory.

That being said - as long as the dealer has a competent smith on hand - should have no problems either way.

If you choose to order from the factory, will that increase your wait?

14. adamg01

adamg01

I always buy my Glocks with factory NS's. It is easier and cheaper than anyother way.

15. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

That's what I wasn't sure. They stock the one with fixed sights where as they'd have to order it if I wanted the night sights factory installed. I'm not sure how long it would take to get if I had them order it though.

16. J3Colt

J3Colt Glock-Off

I've had good experiences with both sets of Glock night sights right from the factory.

17. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Trijicons on my 17 & 27. Happy as pie.

18. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I just had the gun shop install Trijicons during my CCW class. Very well zeroed in though I'm sure they wouldn't charge to knock them one way or the other if it were necessary.

19. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Ordered my Trijicons last night and am wondering the best method as well.

20. das9mm26

das9mm26

My 21SF has Meprolites....my 22 has Trijicons....
    I'll go with the Mepro's.....they just seem larger..and brighter...than the Tirj's..
    The price leans toward the Meps, too....~$57 (Glock factory) vs. ~$85 for the Trijicons....
    Everyone has his/her preference....See if you can actually LOOK at each sight set on different weapons and compare...
    Good luck!