So I went to the pawnshop today...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cool Impala Glocker, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Cool Impala Glocker

Cool Impala Glocker NRA Member

My Father in law is in the hospital in a small hick town for some colon thing...I live out in KC mo...(a big town compared to where father in law lives) so wife and I drove to the hospital. He was drugged up so high he was in and out. Took step mom in law and wife out to lunch...dropped step mom off and wife and I went gun looking.

Happened upon this pawn shop which had a cache of glocks..kimbers..and whatnots in addition to rifles and shotguns.
    I asked this 50 something worker if I could take a look at the G26. He pulled it out and just put it on the glass table. He didnt even clear the gun or nothing. I gave him a WTF look! I personally cleared it...and took a look at it. It was well used and the price tag was OMG!! $525 dollars for a used G26. Said "uh uh" and I racked the slide back and locked it to double clear the gun.

Now the fun part...he was trying to pull the slide back more so it would slide shut without even touching the slide lock at all. He was also pulling the trigger numerous times and where the muzzle was pointd...woman and children was in the general direction. I sat there for a min and giving him dirty looks...then I courageously said "give me the damn gun" and he gave it to me...then I just pushed the slide lock and KABAM..it slided shut. Every one just popped their heads at me and I politly gave it back to him and walkd off. WTF!! He's a worker...he should damn well know how to handle and clear a weapon!! PEOPLE!!

2. Glock2008

Glock2008 Gun User

I would have just kept watching, its more fun that way.

3. samuse

samuse

People who sell guns are usually salesmen. Maybe not gun guys on their time off.

If seemed receptive, you could have showed him the right way.

You could have at least respected his overpriced gun by not dropping the slide on an empty chamber. Makes you look like a noob.

4. PBCounty

PBCounty

I find it a rare event when firearms are checked before handing them to customers....sad really.

5. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

[​IMG]

but seriously , does that surprise you ?? does not surprise me . its a pawn shop , hell the guy prolly worked in jewelry dept.

hell even alot of LEO dont know how to strip their firearm , much less now how to kill a deer .:supergrin:

6. Tactical black

Tactical black

Wow you sound like a real stand up guy and you really know how to keep your cool in such life threatening situations I'm sure you really taught him with your dirty looks and your tough guy persona...:wow::wow:

7. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Wow, I have never heard an internet story of a gun/pawnshop employee who didnt know about guns! This is an absolute first, I can't believe such a person exists. You definately had a one in a million experience!

8. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

I hand them back with the slide open and the magazine out. Not for this particular reason, just the way I do.

9. repoman1984

repoman1984 under the pully

10. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

Cool Impala, hope your father-in-law is OK :wavey:

11. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

I love Pawn shop threads :wavey:

[​IMG]

12. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Glock's preferred method of releasing the slide is to use a c-clamp grip over the top of the slide with your support hand, pull it back and release it, rather than using the slide lock lever. The slide lock lever was deliberately designed to be small and flat to use as a lock rather than release.

13. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I was at a local pawn shop a few weeks ago looking at a M&P 40. There was this really dorky lookin dude behind the counter and he said can I help you. I said yea I'd like to look at that M&P 40 you have there. He grabbed a ruger lcr and started to hand it to me. I said first off that's not the gun I'm talkin about and second you didn't check to see if the pistol was clear. He said sorry man, which one was it and I pointed to it. He grabbed the M&P and started to hand it to me, I said are you gonna make sure it's clear, he said I don't know how. I walked out the door, op your post doesn't surprise me one bit.

14. fitz4609

fitz4609

Ugh, am I the only person that hates those self important, bloated, arrogant, morbidly obese, condesending, rip off artists?

Personally, I would be glad to hear that all three of them died of cholera.

15. Cool Impala Glocker

Cool Impala Glocker NRA Member

Hiya Exxotic.....yeah..you're exotic alrighty ...at least your avatar pix is...

hehe...

father in law really brought it on himself. He had serious surgery on his colon not once..not twice..but 3 times a few years ago. He has endoculiotis (spelling sucks) to where he cant have nuts or anything nutty..seedy..

He's stubborn like a fawk dawn mule. Wont listen at all. It'll take a firing squad to shoot him 3 times over then maybe he'll listen. He's that stubborn. Doctor said it best "so you're back for round 4 eh?"

He'll live...but he will just be be-itching in pain....what to do...what to do..

16. DreamWeaver88

DreamWeaver88 ...............

I find them pretty entertaining to watch, even though most of the time you can tell it's all scripted.

BTW, why so angry?

DW

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  17. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

I clear every gun handed to me. I don't give a hoot if they do it before, as long as it isn't pointed at me.

18. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

I don't wish them any ill, but they do represent quite well.

19. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

Hmmmm have you seen Hardcore Pawn? :rofl:

[​IMG]

20. insanity.

insanity. CLM