So i was at my local gun shop....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by brian321, Jan 22, 2010.

1. brian321

brian321

today and i saw a few things i want to buy, Im just not sure which one i want, What is everyones opinion, should i go with a SPAS 12 shotgun($1200), MP5K 9mm semi-auto($1600),A supressor for my hand gun ($600-$1000), or a fully auto mac 10($3000)?:dunno:

2. USSOCOM

USSOCOM

SPAS12 - forget it, too heavy, too fragile, no parts availability, most of them are also unsafe, get a good used Benelli M1 Super 90 with ghost ring sights instead for about $800.

MP5K Semi - nope - too much $$ for what you get, and it not an HK anyway. Get several Glocks in various calibers instead.

Handgun Suppressor - questionable purchase, if you go this route, get a suppressor you can use on multiple .22 caliber pistols or rifles, like an Outback.

Full Auto Mac10 - Sorry, too much cash outlay, sure it's a blast, but after a couple of mags the fun get costly. Get a Colt's LE6920 instead and lots of ammo.

3. OSSI

OSSI Litter Kitty CLM

Go with the SPAS 12 and the MP5K , the suppressor and the Mac10 :)

4. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

As far as I know, Any Title II item is legal in MO, EXCEPT suppressors. Only Class III stocking dealers can possess them. Strike a pose & HOSE!!!:cool:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. MO Fugga

If you go with the MAC, there is an armorer in the KC area, that specializes in MAC's. He has a number of hotrod parts, such as lifetime buffers (you'll need 2) and side cocking uppers. His name is Robert Burrows. Website is www.rbgungraphics.com. I met him at a gun show in Springfield a coupla years back, and he knows MACs!! The site does not offer the parts, so email him at bob@rbgungraphics.com :supergrin:

6. Conrad559

Conrad559

I'd go with the Mac...

7. MO Fugga

8. 23skidoo

23skidoo Deceased

There will not be another amnesty on anything regulated by the NFA so the Mac will be an outstanding investment.

9. MO Fugga

Get the streetsweeper, and mount the MAC under the barrel, if you get a side-cocking upper...:supergrin::rofl:

10. MO Fugga

11. mixflip

mixflip

I owned a SPAS 12 and I can tell you from experience it is VERY over rated. Its heavy, its not reliable when switching from pump to semi and parts are hard to find and expensive. Listen to the other folks here when they say spend the money on a Benelli M4 if you want a reliable Italian semi auto shotgun. Me personally, I am picking up a Mossberg 930 SPX tactical for $590 and lots of ammo!

I am torn about getting a class III MAC since I love the "LAGE" upgrade which turns a MAC into a bonified sub gun like an MP5 and I beleive full auto MACS are the cheapest f/a guns on the market right now. There is a slow fire bolt available too that reduces ROF and really makes it controlable on f/a. The lage kit also converts the MAC into a side cocking MAC for optics. $3000 is a fair price for a full auto. Yes it gets expensive real quick and some say the f/a rush gets old too but like I said, its a preferance thing and I think I'd be happy for a lifetime if I had one in my collection.
    [​IMG]

$500 plus $200 tax stamp for a suppressor? Reduced recoil? Increased accuracy? No need for ear protection? Its not hard to justify a purchase like that.

12. MO Fugga

Remember, no silencers in MO.........:crying:

13. brian321

brian321

Im not sure who you have been talking to but both class 3 dealers i go to assure me that i can suppress my guns.

14. Lowell

Lowell

looks like supressors USED to be illegal, a new law was put into effect august 28 2008 which made them legal and have the same standing as SBRs:
    http://www.senate.mo.gov/08info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=462025

relevant section, bold added by me:
    SECTION 571.020

This act allows licensed importers, manufacturers, dealers, or collectors to possess, manufacture, transport, repair, or sell a firearm silencer as a curio, ornament, or keepsake.

Currently, it is not a crime for a person to possess, manufacture, transport, repair, or sell a firearm silencer if such action was incident to dealing with the silencer as a curio, ornament, or keepsake, or it is used in a lawful dramatic performance, but only if the silencer is in a nonfunctioning condition. Under this act, the silencer would not have to be in such nonfunctioning condition.
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82211

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  15. MO Fugga

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  16. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Forget the Franchi. The controls on them suck and they are heavy. If you want a semi-auto shotgun, get a Benelli or a Beretta. If you want a nice tactical pump, get a FN TPS. I *love* mine.

I like that Mac in Mixflip's post.

17. mixflip

mixflip

Here is another one if you liked that one...
    [​IMG]