GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking for a sling for my AR. not as simple as it used to be. my wood stock rifles usually get a nice one inch leather sling, traditional looking. what do you get in nylon? so many choices...

·
Registered
38 Posts
You will get lots of opinions, but the very best choice for an AR-Sling is the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling. It is super easy to use, no danging chords, it is a cross between a one point and two point, you can cynch it up nice and tight if/when you need to use both hands, then loosen it up for shooting.

I prefer the padded models.

I use them on all my long guns: rifles and shotguns.

As always, now there are many options and colors and so forth:
https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-sling

·
Daca is caca
3,468 Posts
I have a couple of the magpuls like on my benelli here. Fast adjustment and only about $45 iirc
20200623_094317.jpg

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Since SOE gear is only about 45 minutes down the road, all of my slings that aren’t on hunting rifles come from them.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply's, and the pics really help...
i really like the look of the old canvas looking material, might try to find that. but the biggest help is seeing the design, thanks again

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Another vote for the Vickers Blue Force sling. I really like these slings. I have a few of them.

·
Resident Misanthrope
423 Posts
I am partial to the Vicker/Blueforce sling. I used the non padded version with my armor. padded without.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Padded VTAC or Vickers. Either will serve you well. Also both can be upgraded to full metal buckles if one desires over polymer.

·
Registered
664 Posts
20201020_173659.jpg
I have a Condor 2 point speedy sling on this M4
I have not went to battle with this Condor sling...
It was less than half price of the BFG sling. If anyone can tell me why the Vickers Blue Force sling is worth 2X the price I will buy one...

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
After 23 years of carrying M-16s and M-4s, I’ve grown so accustomed to the black webbed GI slings that I found tactical slings fussy to use and likely to get hung up in the field. Unless your mission involves rappelling, fast roping, comms, infra-red target painting, or dynamic entry, you probably will be well served by a simple USGI sling.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so after looking at slings until i was dreaming about getting hung up in a fenceline... a recurring nightmare from one of my first deer hunts... i ordered a surplus GI issue green cotton model. one like issued for M1's and such. so thats where i will start, pretty cheap, hopefully reliable, and when i get out and can see the benefits of some of the better models. that and some QD swivels... so, thanks for all the suggestions, i will keep them in mind as i work to improve my rig a little at a time.

·
I feel pretty.
3,028 Posts
I like my cheapo bungie-ish single point from the gun show. My others, including my Ms3 just don't work as nicely.

It's a personal thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts