Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Please! Please! No more!
7,524 Posts
I torched an old Christmas tree several years ago, and the fire that spewed forth was astonishing. Taller than the house, easily. If the smallest spark hits a semi-dry tree while indoors, kiss your house good bye.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Them's some burnin MoFo's:shocked::faint:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Cut one up and burnt it in my fireplace once, and I repeat ONCE. :faint:

·
Pavlov's Wolf
645 Posts
A live fresh pine tree will burn. I often hunt for pine when camping as chips of fresh pine contain pine pitch which is easily flammable. Dry pine needles are like gasoline.

·
Outdoor Junkie
19 Posts
I gathered a pile of trees years ago to put out for Crappie structure in our lake. Piled them up on the edge of our driveway and they sat there for a long time. I never got around to sinking the trees and they dried out and started shedding and making a mess. I thought I would just burn it from the edge and control the burn with hoses as needed. WRONG! :wow: That fire almost hit 40 feet in the air and twenty feet wide. Scared the **** out of me. I can tell you that a fire truck would have had a hard time with that blaze when it first started. Luckily it was over within 5 minutes. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I've been present for one such burning. One. I'm not going to be part of any more 30' flames in a forest, just asking for trouble.

·
Firm member
30,190 Posts
My dad tells great stories of Christmas Eve in the Bronx when he was a kid in the thirties. Many people used candles in their tree and you'd walk up and down the street to watch flaming Christmas trees being tossed out front doors of the tenements. Those who put trees anywhere else in the house besides right next to the front door weren't so lucky. HH

·
Registered
18,802 Posts
I knew there would be pics when I saw the title. :supergrin:

I ran across some shots a guy did of a bowling ball that was wrapped in flames a couple years ago. I've been wanting to burn an old one since then. :rofl:

·
> OD Glock 32
4,431 Posts
I like one of the comments on the blog:

[paraphrase] "On the one hand, it's great your neighbors din not call the fire-dept. On the other hand, why didn't they?!! Great neighborhood watch there, buddy"

:animlol:

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Im allergic to real pine trees.I remember as a kid dragging the tree out to the burn pit and burning it,my eyes would be all bloodshot and Id be sneezing my head off.

Artificial ones have alot going for them.We got one and it looks real without the problems.

No pine needles getting stuck in your feet.
No pets drinking the water out of the base and getting sick on the rug.

·
Registered
21,450 Posts
We love burning them up every year. It's a local tradition...some go out and compete for who can bring more back to the fire from the roadside. Last year we burned over a hundred of them.....the heat / flame was impressive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts