close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So I Pulled the G30 Trigger.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SteadyGlock, Jan 16, 2010.

1. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Pulled the trigger and sent off for the OD G30 with my GSSF certificate. It will be my main carry weapon. Accessories also en route:

1 Super Tuck Deluxe IWB holster from Cross Breed Holsters
    2 Pearce PG-30 grip extensions
    1 Pachmayr Slip-On Grip #5
    1000 rounds of CCI .45ACP 230GR FMJ Blazer Aluminum Cased Ammo

I'm so freakin' excited, I could just *****.....Just had to share it with all my GT folk. :wiggle::dancing::snoopy::woohoo:

2. RBL525

RBL525

I have been looking at holsters, and am between this one and the Minotaur MTAC.

why did you go this route? what sold you on it?

Congrats, I hope it arrives soon for you.

3. Forty-eight

Forty-eight

Don't you just love getting a new Glock? I'm even excited for you!

4. Conrad559

Conrad559

i want the G30 so bad, but the ammunition prices are through the roof

5. zombie4569

zombie4569

That's why I just bought a G19 to give it company! Talon grips are on the way and have already bought 5 boxes of ammo for it... Going to shoot soon...

6. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Congratulations.

7. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Well, I went for the Cross Breed Supertuck for several reasons. The first was that an experienced GT member recommended the Supertuck with great enthusiasm. I took the suggestion to check out their website (http://crossbreedholsters.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx) and really liked what I saw. On the site, they have a series of videos that cover all the aspects of the holster, how it's made, how well it functions, all kinds of demonstrations, etc., etc. The closing deal was that the company gives you a free two week trial. If you don't like it after that, just send it back and they will refund you 100% (minus shipping, I assume.) Any company that believes in their product that strongly is worth a try. Not to mention the fact that their product really seems to perform exactly the way I need it to. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

You might want to check out their site. Hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck! :wavey:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  8. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Thanks, 48!! Man, that's really is cool that you're excited for me....somehow, that just increases my own enthusiasm....In case you can't tell by the hour of my posting, I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping! OMB Guns tells me it will arrive next Wed. or Thurs. This is Glock #2, and for some reason I'm even more jacked up than I was for my first! Whew....Time to count sheep? Maybe I'll just count Glocks.....1, 2...1, 2....1, 2.....1, 2.....1.......2.....z....z...zzzzzz.....

:countingsheep:

9. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

I was gonna go for the Talon grips, but saw some pics on GT of OD Glocks w/ the Talon Grips and....well, they just looked kinda crappy. Hopefully the Talon manufacturer will make some OD colored grips someday.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Gotta LOVE the G30,......

[​IMG]

11. MrFuzzybunny

MrFuzzybunny Less is more!

My 30SF is fast becoming my favorite.
    Great shooters with very little recoil.

12. zombie4569

zombie4569

Yeah, that would be cool I'm sure... I know people don't like the rough texture for CCW, but as for me living in Illinois that's never going to happen... But if it does, they come off without residue...

13. den888

den888

Congrats, but .45 ACP is still hard to find...

14. whoever

whoever

At places like Walmart, Cabellas's, and Sportsman's warehouse, yes. Local gun shops ALWAYS have it, but limit you to one box of 50 per day. You can always pick up 500-100rds on Gunbroker or the like for ~$0.40/rd. for new bullets which allow for reloadable brass. The throw away (and questionable reliability) blazer stuff is significantly cheaper.

15. roch

roch

Not at my local Wal-Mart, I just picked up 500 rounds of Federal 230 gr and they had plenty left over.

Congrats on the 30 op, I pick mine up on Monday.

16. das9mm26

das9mm26

You'll love the 30.....CONGRATS!!!
    As for .45 ammo......my local shop has bulk .45 Federal 230gr FMJ....$99 for 250 rounds (breaks down to $20 per 50rnd box)...if you buy it by the box, it's $23 and change....
    Still.....IF you can find it....Wally World's WWB 100-rnd .45 is about $32 here in NH...of course, FINDING it is the trick!!
    My 30 rounds out my "stable" of Glocks for awhile....now I just gotta find time to get to the range.....

17. buckshotshorty

buckshotshorty

Congrats on the G30. It is a great gun. Lightweight, accurate, reliable, and potent. Who could ask for more from a gun?

I have two IWB holsters I like for my G30. One is from AKJConcealco, and it's a leather holster. The other is a Crossbreed. I like them both very much, but I think the Concealco holds the gun tighter to my body, streamlining the gun's outline a little more.

One thing that wasn't mentioned about Crossbreed holsters, is that if you are a NRA member, Craig gives you a 10% discount.

18. SiGlockBoy

SiGlockBoy

The 30SF has become my favorite. If they had an OD version, it would be the tastiest piece of candy around. They are truly hard to beat. Size, weight, carry, rounds still good and big 45 to boot.

The OD 30 is about as close to perfection as you could expect. Enjoy.

I thought I really wanted a supertuck for the last few months or the other company who makes a similar one. Well, I got one with a gun recently and glad I didn't purchase one. I wanted to like it, but it didn't happen. They are huge, Kydex wears the finish off a muzzle fast and wears the front of the trigger guard down on the sides where it locks. I'm sure this is no different. The clips are not strength inspiring and it just seems so big. Definitely not for me and it surprised me with all the good reviews. Kinda like half a Fobus on a leather back.

19. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

.....And the agony of waiting is BRUTAL!! Feels like it's been months since I sent the order out. Might have to kidnap my FFL and go to meet the FedEx truck en route. Any suggestions as to how I can pass the time? I need my G30!! Arrrgghh!!

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

20. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

G30 check
    CBST check
    Pearce check
    Ammo check

You got it all right. You will love this gun more because of Crossbreed and Pearce. Get yourself a couple of G21 mags and A&G spacers for an awesome HD weapon. For those who think 45 ammo is too expensive, you aren't looking inthe right places. I can buy good commercial reloads everyday at $317/1000 (that's $16/50) and I just bought 500 WWB for $175 (that's $17.50/50). So 45 ammo is becoming more available and dropping in price.