close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So I ordered an Ameriglo Pro-Glo front for my G19 and this is what I got...

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Ganderson, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Ganderson

Ganderson

I ordered direct from Ameriglo last week and I received it today.

A couple of things:

1. According to the 2010 catalog and posts on this forum they switched to a round orange area... mine is square. Did they switch back?

2. I was under the impression that the orange material was supposed to glow when charged with a bright light... mine doesn't seem to. Did they change this as well?

Anyone else receive one of these recently? What did you receive?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. Ganderson

Ganderson

Deleted due to good CS from Ameriglo

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Rick is excellent in answering E-mails and providing the best customer service in the industry, but keep in mind it is Easter weekend.

4. geckocavemen

geckocavemen

I've been seriously looking into getting one of those sights. I'll be very interested to see how this plays out. FWIW, the orange looks very bright, which is good, but I don't like how uneven the lines are on the square.

Can you tell if the orange is painted on or if its a plastic insert of some type?

5. Ganderson

Ganderson

It looks like a paint type of material. I used a bit of fill flash so it looks a little brighter than it actually is with the naked eye.

I'll update this thread with how things go with this.

6. AmeriGlo

AmeriGlo

Ganderson,

Give me a call Monday and I'll take care of it. That item should not have cleared inspection, but it did. We'll replace it, no problem.

The ProGlo series is currently available with circle or square for now, but most likely we will have only the circle once we sell the square.

The square version is harder to machine (and paint).

The green tritium / green paint version has glow paint and glow tritium.

The green tritium / orange paint version has non-glow paint and glow tritium.

When working with glow in the dark phosphors, the orange are zinc based and don't paint or glow well at all. The green is the best glow.

However, the orange paint is very visible nearly all the time and does not blend with anything in nature. It is very fast to pick up.

We can either put out a semi-bright orange paint that glows slightly or a brighter orange paint that does not glow. We are using the latter.

Later this month we'll have a new option. It's not ready yet but I expect it to have nice glow properties as well as very good day time brightness.

I still think the orange non glow paint with tritium is the best option as we had about 20 guys test that and the green glow paint version. A large majority found the orange easier to pick up no matter the light.

7. Ganderson

Ganderson

That's good info.

The non-glow nature of the orange doesn't really matter to me, I was just confused about whether it was supposed to glow or not. I am more concerned with the daytime/indoor (crappy range) lighting sight picture so that is no problem.

I also didn't realize that the round and square were concurrently available... I just assumed I was ordering the "latest" version. Not sure which I would prefer to be honest.

I'll call you Monday and we'll get it worked out.

Thanks!

8. SSG19

SSG19

I just put a GL405L Pro Series plain rear, and GL212OR tritium front on my G19, what a big difference over stock! I acquire the orange front sight (mine has the square) instantly upon presentation of the weapon, even when a blur due to my aging eyes. The .140 wide front sight settles perfectly into the .180 wide rear, with a slight gap on each side. The only "problem" I had during installation was that the front sight wanted to twist slightly, but I corrected it easily with a crescent wrench adjusted to "capture" the sides of the front sight so it didn't leave any marks.

BTW, Sharon was great to deal with over the phone.......took my order manually for the front sight when I called in to check if it was in stock after being sold out previously.

Stu

9. five-0

five-0

Because of this thread, I ordered the "new" version of the "Pro-Glo" front sight (tritium w/ non glow orange).
    In the past, I had ordered the tritium/luminova version. It was OK, but nothing like this one.

This "new" version is MUCH better. Ameriglo's last sentence is exactly right...it's much faster picking up the front sight with this version and it's the best "traditional" front sight that I've used.

I couldn't be more pleased with it.
    Thanks Ameriglo!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  10. five-0

five-0

Just wanted to add...

Thanks again for a great product.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  11. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

I just ordered the Tritium/Orange Ring Sight, and mine came as the square too. I contacted Ameriglo and they super-quickly sent me out the correct one as shown on the cover of the 2010 catalog. I am sending the orange square back this afternoon. I kinda liked the square, but it was too much orange for me.

Great CS at Ameriglo, no questions asked. Getting ready to order some more sights from them.