close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So I need to ship a couple guns.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by eccho, Sep 21, 2012.

1. eccho

eccho

First off, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought this wasn't more appropriate for "carry issues" or "general glocking". It's more of a "shipping issues" thing.

I have a 19C and a remington 870 express in Kansas I need shipped to Montana, where I'm going to be living soon. I am an Iowa resident.

I drove from Iowa to Kansas, left the guns there to fly out to California to visit my family, and am driving up to Montana right now.

I left the guns in Kansas because the airlines will ship them, but refuse to take responsibility if anything gets lost or stolen, and I'm not willing to take that chance. My mother suspects she just recently had a stun gun stolen. Also, I didn't want to deal with California's myriad of gun laws that I don't know much about.

I know UPS will ship handguns, but I don't know if they have to be shipped to a dealer or what. They are already my guns if that makes a difference.

If I have them shipped to a dealer, do I have to gain residency status before I can have the dealer give them to me?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. R2D2

R2D2

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Federal law allows you to ship your personal guns to yourself. But I think you have to to be the one that takes them to the post office and be the one that signs for them when they get to their destination.

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

Should have taken them with you.

I travel with mine ALL THE TIME and never have any problems.

5. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Should have taken them with you or mailed them to yourself before you left.

Now you have firearms that you own, that you cannot ship personally so they stay where they are until you go get them and either take them back with you or ship them to yourself, then go back home and receive the package(s).

6. caponec2

caponec2

unloaded in the trunk wouldve worked...