So I may just sound like a redneck....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by W420Hunter, Feb 14, 2010.

1. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

But am I the only one who has been away from home for a week or so, only to come back to find a dead mouse in the john? I live on the edge of town an its not happened often but it has, so an I the only one?

2. Tristan

Tristan Awwwww.........

Never had that happen to us before lol.

3. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

never has happened to me before either.

4. buckhunter3987

buckhunter3987

Never one in the John, but I did have an exeptionally crafty one a couple of months back runnin around here. I set the traps with peanut butter sadly you can't buy the good old traps anymore and had to buy some of those new ones with the big yellow plastic bait holder. Well this little ****er figured out how to eat the peanut butter off with out tripping the trap. I'd get up and check the trap in the morning and could see little bite marks out of the wad of PB, but when I'd just so much as breath on it it would trip. :dunno: So I finally just set it without any bait and arranged the junk on the floor so he would have to go over it. Two days and he finally did it. :supergrin:

5. bithabus

bithabus

Found a dead rat in the pool once. Think it was pregnant.

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I've never found one dead in the john. But i've had a couple die while I was in there.:embarassed:

7. BEER

BEER bad example

how exactly does this relate to us rednecks? i do not have vermin in my home, nor roaches, nor any other sort of pests. i have left my home for 3 weeks before and returned to find it just as vermin free as the day i left.

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Is there a history of despondent rodents in your area?

9. cmb19

cmb19

I had to kill a mouse with a baseball bat a few months ago...I set the trap in the kitchen after I watched it run under the stove, 2 minutes later the trap went off but it wasn't dead. The bat in the closet worked quite nicely to crush him.
    When I was living with my parents we'd occasionally come home from where ever and find a dead mouse in the sink if we left dishes to soak. There's also been times where we've had to take mice out of the empty sink because they got in but couldn't get out. That was usually dad's job since they were still alive. :supergrin:

10. jhoagland

jhoagland That's right! Lifetime Member

In the rodent family....

One night my mom got up to pee and when she sat down she heard splashing noises that weren't her. So of course she screamed and woke dad up. On turning on the light there was a squirrel in the toilet. So dad being the pragmatical and tired one flushed, and flushed, and flushed till it went down. When mom calmed down enough to finnish the business at hand she lifted the lid only to find the tree rat had come back. We're pretty sure it didn't survive the next flushings.

11. xaircav

xaircav

If the john was up a path 50' from your house with a Sears catalog nailed to the wall you might be a redneck otherwise you're OK.

12. Walt408

Walt408

Peanut butter is great bait, but mix it with a small piece of cotton ball. That give it strength; when the mouse picks at the peanut ... wham!

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Just remember that if you catch/kill one mouse, that means there are only 30-40 remaining v