Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Diesel here.

So I just purchased my FIRST GLOCK 19 Gen 4 and I'm extremely excited to try her out. I built my first AR last year, which was hella cool, and love it and also owned a shotgun but this Glock is actually my first handgun purchase. I'm looking to buy an OWB holster so if y'all have any suggestions, shoot! Not going to be much of a concealed carry gun yet...

Thanks in advance and I'm glad to jump on this train with you fine folks.

Roll Tide

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Welcome aboard. Consider the Glock Sport holster for a very inexpensive option. I love the feel and smell of leather but always end up wearing kydex holsters; Vedder, Bravo Concealment and Panther are a few that I like and are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
12,652 Posts
Hey guys, Diesel here.

Not going to be much of a concealed carry gun yet...
a lot of guys feel this when they buy their first pistol and then later decide to carry everywhere. So if you want to save the expense of getting the wrong holster, try an IWB Vedder Lighttuck. I carry my G32 in that holster. I have made many bad holster purchases until I got this one.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
a lot of guys feel this when they buy their first pistol and then later decide to carry everywhere. So if you want to save the expense of getting the wrong holster, try an IWB Vedder Lighttuck. I carry my G32 in that holster. I have made many bad holster purchases until I got this one.
First, welcome aboard GT and welcome to the world of Glock.

Second, I'll echo what G26 says about carrying and avoiding wasting $$$ on sub-par or limited-use holsters by taking a little time to think through what will be your likely range of use(s). There are many good options out there and Vedder Lighttuck gets lots of thumbs-up around here.

Again, welcome aboard. Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Congrats also, but I gotta warn ya, Glocks are a disease, they tend to multiply on you. Which is OK, except for your bank account. When you get Glockitis, your account takes the brunt of the damage! :supergrin:
One thing, if I might. With you being a new Glock owner, do go get some training if you have never had prior, or any handgun experience. For you and your loved ones safety. Also, learn to do this, and never fail to do so(other then the standard rules of handling Firearms!): Keep your trigger finger OFF the trigger of a Glock until the muzzle comes on target. Always! Lay your trigger finger down the forward frame, and keep it there until firing. Very important technique on all firearms, regardless.
If you are prior Military, or something similar, then you know, and just disregard me...lol!
Enjoy your 19 Gen4. Glock 19's are just about the most popular handgun on this Planet. They do everything well!

Reactions: Diesel UofA
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.