Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Way too busy
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I showed up to my first shift of training last night, and apparently one of the officers that was supposed to do the football game last night called off, so they offered me a spot making some cash over at the football game.

Of course I said yes, it was supposed to be very heated, both undefeated farm boy teams (Varsity Blues) and it was the last game of the season. It ended up being completely uneventful, I think because it was so cold and rainy.

Some things that stuck out for me the most from the evening

1. Cops ***** about other cops as much as firemen ***** about other firemen

2. That belt is hard to get used to, and getting in and out of a car is going to take practice. Several times while in those large crowds my hand kept going to my gun (not on the grips), but I was paranoid about it!

3. My whistle means less to traffic than I had expected.

4. There was an injured football player in the locker-room that was transported by EMS, I realized watching them that I was not going to miss EMS at all.

5. Not EVERYONE hates cops, actually most people were quite pleasant :)

· Super Moderator
20,185 Posts
FiremanMike;11522530 said:
2. Several times while in those large crowds my hand kept going to my gun (not on the grips), but I was paranoid about it!
Start learning to use your elbow. Much less fatiguing.

And so the education begins. :cool: You will also learn that your presence means less to feuding couples than you expect, your uniformed authority means much less to bangers and your drawn and pointed weapon means shockingly little to career criminals.

Oh, and nothing means anything to drunks.

· Registered
583 Posts
2. That belt is hard to get used to, and getting in and out of a car is going to take practice. Several times while in those large crowds my hand kept going to my gun (not on the grips), but I was paranoid about it!

2-Thats why I chucked my supplied lowrider and went to a mid to hi-ride rig. It allows me to actually rest my forearm on my weapon.

3- Got rid of the kiddie blower decades ago. Nobody pays attention and no one can hear it with their tunes turned up.

· Unfair Facist
30,613 Posts
2-Thats why I chucked my supplied lowrider and went to a mid to hi-ride rig. It allows me to actually rest my forearm on my weapon.
Reminds me of the Holster the dept. tried to give me when I went to work. it was one of those low slung gunslinger jobs that had the butt of the weapon sticking out from your body like some kind of hollywood gunslinging rig.

I told them no thanks and bought a partial front break security holster that hugged the body.

· Registered
3,119 Posts
1. Cops ***** about other cops as much as firemen ***** about other firemen

4. There was an injured football player in the locker-room that was transported by EMS, I realized watching them that I was not going to miss EMS at all.

5. Not EVERYONE hates cops, actually most people were quite pleasant :)
1. You didnt know that? Remember what goes around comes around.

2. Practice and dont worry about the "paranoia". You will get used to riding the gun with the inside of your arm or using it as a rest.

3. Whistle! We dont need no stinkin whistle! Seriously I have never used a whistle since I started in Feb 2003.

4.Yeah well dont tell anyone that you can do it or you will get volunteered for the duty.

5. That is normally the case at family oriented functions. Go to a bar and close it down and you have 400 people that hate you in one place.

Congrats on the first function and welcome.

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Goldendog Redux;11543504 said:
What the hell would you do with a whistle?

MF
referee small sporting events for the local kids :supergrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts