close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So, I Found a $2,500 '04 GSX-R600

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by USMCsilver, Jul 24, 2006.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I jumped on it! It is in Charlotte, NC and I'm about 70 miles due south. Ad said clear title, never wrecked, and the pictures were beautiful. I was ready to go pick it up tomorrow. Here's the reply to my e-mail:

I of course e-mailed him back and said that I'd be in Vegas next week to visit a friend and I'd meet his wife with a cashier's check. No reply yet...

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

That is a damn good deal. So what's the catch?

Duh:upeyes:

3. EdTracker

EdTracker GTDS Lifetime Member

odds are it is stolen with a forged title. or he will have a title until you show up and then somehow loose it.

I would get a picture of the title and run a search on the VIN before I bother the trip there.

The price is way too low. There is no free lunch

4. ndbullet500

ndbullet500 Unmutual

Wanna bet whether he will want you to put the money into an escrow account?

Free shipping!?!?! Have you priced how much it costs to ship a bike from NV to NC? I haven't checked, but I would estimate $400+. It is not cheap.

Be very careful. There should be a lot of warning buzzers going off.

EDITED TO ADD: After re-reading your post, it sounds like you are skeptical. You are just a little too subtle for me this early in the day. :)

5. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Man you sure are lucky, I'd give him my checking account number in a heartbeat for that sweet deal. Sounds like a very nice honest fellow to do business with.

Perhaps he has some other divorce goodies for sale? You should definately ask.

6. Cryptoboy

Cryptoboy Sr. Sr. Member!

If you really feel like throwing your money away, I'll send you my acct number, and you can just transfer what you don't want into there...save you the time and anguish at least!

I mean, come on! The bike was listed in Ebay in Charlotte, then the guy says it's in Las Vegas, with the Ebay poster in the UK? I'd be interested to see if the guy replies after USMC said he'll be in Vegas next with with cash in hand to pick the bike up. :clown: Hell, I'd almost be willing to fly up there and ride it home for that price!

7. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I'd never think of doing business with this guy. Here's his other two e-mails after I strung him along a little by telling him that I'd be in Vegas to visit a buddy next week and how I'd always wanted to do cross-country on a bike:

8. oinge

oinge

I once strung a guy along for a week or so regarding an ebay guitar auction. He got the pictures for his auction from some other expired auction and of course he insisted on using Square Trade. I wonder what country this guy is really from. His english is terrible.

-oInGe

9. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

A lot of them are eastern Europe or Russian, but one I dealt with last year was from Spain.

I'm sure they run into those of us that understand the scam a lot, but they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't think they could succeed. Just look at some of the comments in this thread as an example. Most folks thought there was something wrong with the deal but they didn't know exactly what or why.

There are plenty of people in this world that can't wait to get the "deal of the century" and they fall for scams like this all the time. Unfortunately, many of them are senior citizens who grew up in a more trusting time and don't understand the ease in which they can lose their life savings due to being a little greedy.

10. BCM

BCM

Sounds like the infamous "Nigerian Prince" bandit
    Please send your bank acct info as I will forward you a twenty million dollar check that we will split once I have your info...............
    YEA RIGHT!
    Glad you didn't become another statistic

11. michael t

michael t

Yep I got one last week from a China banker had 23.4 million from Iraq General . Of course Americans killed him. Send my acct number and he will tranfer and split 60/40 .

12. Scrappy

Scrappy

13. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I am pretty sure he knows that and is jsut trying to screw with the scammer. ;)

14. Rebel_James

Rebel_James

"Square Trade" is a scam business. I know a man who thought he was buying an Chevy Tahoe to be shipped to him from Italy.

The scammer said it could'nt pass Italian customs so he was selling it cheap. The man put the money into a "Square Trade" escrow account
    and never saw the money again.

Oh yeah, NO TAHOE either!

[​IMG]

15. xj4play

xj4play

yep its a scam seen the exact same ad before.