So I can bring a gun to work now...car safe recs?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jp3975, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Chowser

Chowser

Another vote for consolevault.
    This was in my Subaru Legacy. It will also fit the Outback. Check their site to see if they have one for your car.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Will Beararms, nerr and DocPoison like this.
  2. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

It has to be in a locked box. Lock it in your glove box when at work. At the end of the day, unlock the glove box, get the gun and go on your way. Problem solved.

3. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

I think my glove box is more secure than the 3 digit lock box I have under my seat.

4. unit1069

unit1069

That's one reason I like the tumbler version, as well as not having to worry about losing a key somewhere along the line. And I'd say that any lock box system is not "quick access" for self-defense purposes.

Neldon likes this.
  5. jp3975

jp3975

Head of security said that it had to be a locked box and glove compartment doesn't count for some odd reason.

The console vault seems pretty cool.

6. Schrag4

Schrag4

Same here. I got one for each vehicle years ago when they were on sale for $20 at Gander. They cable to the vehicle, and they require a key. They’re sort of a pain to use but sometimes I go somewhere that doesn’t allow concealed carry so it’s a small price price to pay for some extra peace of mind. I would hate to leave a gun in an unlocked console or glove box, even if the doors were locked.

I used to get gift cards for Gander and that was one of the few items I ever spent them on where I didn’t feel like I was wasting other people’s money. That place was way overpriced on ammo and reloading supplies.

n2g and Will Beararms like this.
  7. nerr

nerr

I agree. But I'm not going to risk federal penalties as US Post Office (can't even have a gun anywhere on their property) and banks.

And in our state, it's legal for anyone to put a 'no carry sign' on the entrance. It's only a misdemeanor if you get caught concealing the first time, penalties go up after each time. I'd just as soon not frequent these places but I don't always get to choose. So mine get locked up in a box tethered to a seat, either under the seat or covered by something.

Yeah, yeah, I know the only way anyone is probably going to find I have one is if they grope me or they have detection equipment installed. But I just don't need to get on any official radars.

n2g and glock1097 like this.
  8. FAS1

FAS1

Since it sounds like you are just interested in complying with the company rules, you might as well just buy the $30 20GA cabled clamshell lock box and put it under the seat. It will meet the company's definition and it's inexpensive. It is however just a slight deterrent for the thief without a screwdriver or a pair of dikes in his pocket. If he has either, it's no deterrent whatsoever. Is the parking area relatively secure?

jp3975 likes this.
  9. jp3975

jp3975

Never heard of anyone breaking into cars at a facility that makes missiles.

10. JDD7

JDD7

11. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

I have one of those which is good enough to prevent a grab and run and inexpensive. I’ll take it traveling too.

My Ram has in floor storage units and I got these Tuffy heavy duty lids which are secure and hidden from sight under the floor mats.

ADDBA8F9-2E3D-4A71-AFE1-3C81F88F9AF0.jpeg

I thought about getting one of those console units but don’t want to give up the storage space there.

glock1097 and Will Beararms like this.
  12. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

I sell pumps and air compressors in your locale. I don’t even think about bringing my CHL Pistol when there. On days I work there. I make sure I do not have to go to the Little Rock office as I will not enter the Little Rock City Limits unarmed.

glock1097 and jp3975 like this.
  13. thequintessentialman

thequintessentialman

I thought that law was updated recently to allow firearms locked in vehicles on school property.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

14. redneck ron

redneck ron

I believe that took effect this past September.

15. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

This completely varies from state to state.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

16. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

I personally wouldn't go with a console vault unless you keep a vehicle for a long time. I cant imagine they are cheap and you are screwed when you get a new car.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jp3975 likes this.