Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about selling off my Glock and another gun I have.

I should get around $650-700 depending how much I can squeeze out of them. Anyway, I really want something that is going to be a night stand gun. I have several options though.

Option 1: Save up another $125 and get a blemished CBOB then send for refinishing eventually.

Option 2: Send off my Kimber the custom shop then to Robar for NP3. I've eliminated this option. By the time I finish the customization I would have been able to get that Wilson Combat that I really really wanted.

Option 3: Buy a cheaper handgun and send off the Kimber just for the NP3.

Option 4: Buy a [insert gun here]

I really don't know what to do. If I don't have a plan for when I sell this stuff off, I'll end up blowing it all on booze and strippers.

Suggestions/recommendations?

·
Registered
836 Posts
what caliber are you looking for?
I just got a CZ SP-01 and for 550 I could never be happier
18+1 of 9mm
Accurate
Dependable
Stock with mepro night sites
rail
In .40 s&w you could try the new xdM
Interchangeable backstraps
16+1 of .40 S&W
and has a rail for mounting a light

While the CBOB may be a good gun, i wouldnt think it would fill the HD bill completely

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what caliber are you looking for?
I just got a CZ SP-01 and for 550 I could never be happier
18+1 of 9mm
Accurate
Dependable
Stock with mepro night sites
rail
In .40 s&w you could try the new xdM
Interchangeable backstraps
16+1 of .40 S&W
and has a rail for mounting a light

While the CBOB may be a good gun, i wouldnt think it would fill the HD bill completely
I hate .40. 9mm is alright, but I prefer .45. The CBOB can do a fine job of HD and SD. The reason why I specifically selected that gun is two fold. 1) Factory night sights, 2) It lends it's self to be carried easily.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
First, there is no reason to hurry the decision whatsoever. Take your time until the perfect deal for you comes along. Oh, and Glocks make perfect nightstand guns. Have you put a 3.5# connecter in your Glock? Changed the sights yet? You will like the Glock much better if you do.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Sig 220, maybe the ST model (since you won't be carrying it, the weight won't matter, and with that heavy frame it's an easy shooter) with the rail and a tac light. That's if you like .45s. Any of the HKs would be nice, too.

If 9 is your thing, use a Glock or a Sig 226.

.40? I'm partial to the Sig 229 or the .40 version of the 226.

Otherwise, just use a Glock.

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, there is no reason to hurry the decision whatsoever. Take your time until the perfect deal for you comes along. Oh, and Glocks make perfect nightstand guns. Have you put a 3.5# connecter in your Glock? Changed the sights yet? You will like the Glock much better if you do.
I've had it for three years and I've always been iffy about my Glock. No amount of glowing tritium sights or metal attachment is going to change that. I may consider a .45cal Glock or XD .45.

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, it is important to note I hate DA/SA triggers. I like constant trigger pulls.

·
Omnomnom
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which Glock do you have? Mount a light on it and be happy.
Obviously there is a reason I am getting rid of my Glock - I don't want it. So putting a tac light on my Glock is like putting ketchup on a crap sandwich.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
Personally, I'd get The Brick (aka, the Ruger P90).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Obviously there is a reason I am getting rid of my Glock - I don't want it. So putting a tac light on my Glock is like putting ketchup on a crap sandwich.
:rofl: Well put

Why not a Colt Commander? You will save a few bucks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Sell the Kimber and keep the Glock! Hehe, Seriously you could sell it and buy a S&W 4506 used.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sell the Kimber? Nah. That's a keeper. I though 4506s were discontinued.

That is an option.
You can find used Colt Commanders for less then your price range.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
My night stand gun is the M&P 40 on top. With the tac light and 15 rounds of Federal Hydra Shoks, it is a formiddable sidearm.

Since you hate 40s, though, I'd recommend the M&P 45 or the XD45. I love my XD45 compact; it's my car gun and fits nicely in the center console.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
What is "the other gun" you mentioned selling?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Sell the Kimber? Nah. That's a keeper. I though 4506s were discontinued.

That is an option.
Yes they were, But they are great finds probably my favorite gun now. Not exactly a CCW piece but a very solid performer.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts