So how's everyone handling the Corona Cabin Fever?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by inthefrey, Mar 29, 2020.

1. CaliDBA

CaliDBA

1. I'm fortunate to be able to work from home - mostly exporting from an Oracle Version 12 database to an Oracle Version 19 database, and planning other upgrades; I'm a database administrator, Unix systems

2. Reading GlockTalk and Ruger forums, and wishing that I had a range to go to, ala Hickok45 :flag:

3. In between DBA work, answering email requests - watching "Reloading for Beginners" videos on YouTube...I need to buy a house with some room for all that equipment :D

4. Trying to order .22LR online, but most shippers won't ship to me because I live in California, not even to an FFL (there are videos that discuss reloading .22LR, but it seems a lot of work...)

5. Going for short walks; chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy makes walking long distances uncomfortable, but short walks in fresh air and sunshine really help!

6. Trying to persuade myself that I don't need a Glock 43, Ruger PC Carbine 9mm, Smith&Wesson M&P 15 Sport II and Beretta PX4 Storm :2gun:

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

2. UncleDave

UncleDave

Trying to get out for a short hike once a day when the weather is nice. Working remotely M-F, binge watching Netflix and Hulu on weekends. I'm on Season 7 of Homeland; not my favorite series, but I keep watching anyway. I need to finish Ozark.

Maybe I'll watch some old Waltons episodes just to get into the Depression-era mindset in preparation for what might be coming...

3. Terry G

Terry G

I live in the woods and Spring is here. No quarantine on Hiking, Fishing or Shooting. My Wife and I miss going out to eat and the Kid's and Grandkid's, but we'll get by. I am shooting the defense gun's more, it can't hurt.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Did you ever see that movie where Tom Hanks was lost on the island and went crazy because he couldn't stand being alone? I never got that. I can't imagine needing other people around.

mike from st pe likes this.
  5. G17Jake

G17Jake

6. Lazy R

Lazy R

I hate it when that happens.

GlockFan7 likes this.
  7. Lazy R

Lazy R

Yes, crazy expensive for a good one. They are fragile aluminum pieces and most have had a hard life.

Other Falcon updates for your viewing pleasure:

8.8" 3.73 posi rear from an Explorer. Far stronger than the 8" in the Falcon which would break soon as it starts making power.

[​IMG]

But it's too wide so we remedied that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. HonkeyFries

HonkeyFries

Spending 12 hours at work and 12 hours at home. No fast food because hell no.

No restaurant food. No social interaction outside of work.

I think I need a Fleshlight.

IamtheNRA likes this.
  9. Sharkey

Sharkey

Gonna try to catch this season of Shameless since Showtime is free right now. I did learn a fun fact yesterday - Wife had no idea of a movie called Escape From NY. I was like What?! She never saw Airplane either. I just can not fathom that.

10. papershoot

papershoot

I have been staying at home with the family for six days. I have been pretty lazy and spending too much time on GT and following the stock market. I have been doing most of the cooking and we have been eating well. I did some weed whacking and my income taxes. Spring is going strong now with the dogwoods blooming, warmer temps. and hardwood pollen all over.
    I was supposed to be driving the family down for a Florida trip today, but decided it was best to cancel those plans. I told my grand daughter we were not going to have a big birthday party for her this year, with the social distancing. She seemed happy when I promised to take her fishing. I am supposed to report back to work on Thursday, but half expect to get a message saying the plant will remain closed.

11. 83wide

83wide

The yard is looking really good for this time of year.

12. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

I love being alone.

PeterG likes this.
  13. PeterG

PeterG

Life’s Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk