So how's everyone handling the Corona Cabin Fever?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by inthefrey, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Dr. Leaky

Dr. Leaky Know-It-All

We've been taking drives. Pick an area and just go check it out without even stopping. We've got some undeveloped property a couple of hours away and we'll be driving up there soon. It'll be a good place to sight in a new red dot and do some plinking.

Caver 60 and Sharkey like this.
  2. reniram

reniram

Hiking with my ursine buddies - I'm very careful to social distance with these guys.
    Yaak Falls 2.jpg

mike from st pe and Caver 60 like this.

3. NoStress

NoStress

4. Lazy R

Lazy R

For your quarantine viewing pleasure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. flyover

flyover

I have plenty to do here on the farm when the weather permits. At least I am not cooped up in a big city. I don't eat out all that often but I do miss being able to do that if I wanted.

FullClip, Caver 60 and Sharkey like this.
  6. Caver 60

Caver 60

Not a whole lot of change around here. Plenty of work to do on the farm. Wife has always been a stay at home housewife. Out side of a grocery run and a doctors appointment or two, we're OK.

flyover likes this.
  7. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

8. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

We can still get takeout and we have plenty of booze stocked up, so we're okay for now.

To take my mind off the current bull****, I'm watching '80s movies. Just finished Red Dawn (the original, not the crappy remake) a little while ago. Might watch the BTTF trilogy next.

I'm a huge sports fan, so not having any live sports really sucks.

9. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Yeah, the pollen is really bad right now. I'll take that over COVID-19 any day, though.

10. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

Watched Platoon and half of Taxi Driver..........Platoon sorta holds up better IMHO.......and that makeup on Barnes......had to almost be painful to wear....

IamtheNRA likes this.
  11. redrick

redrick

I sharpen 3 knives Saturday and I dug a trench to my new garage for power . I hope I don’t get the virus in the next couple of days . I am wore out from digging and i had a trencher .

75EC1315-D844-4FCC-85D8-7DC9DE2383C9.jpeg

Attached Files:

FullClip and flyover like this.
  12. APERS

APERS

Good work indeed! I'm guessing that would be a bit_h to find and replace..? Keep us updated for the future finished Falcon please. My favorite Ford car, when I was a kid.
    :flag::cheers:

Lazy R likes this.
  13. APERS

APERS

Ditto this. Everyday, no matter what.
    :cheers: to you sir!

pgg00 likes this.
  14. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I went out back and pulled weeds yesterday.

15. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Very cool! My father-in-law had a 1964 Falcon Futura Sprint. Red exterior, black interior, 260 with 3 on the tree. Great car. He sold it about 10 years ago, in perfect shape. I never got the chance to make him an offer.

16. Scott1970

Scott1970

I just finished working three twelve hour shifts this weekend. A couple of days off will be nice.

17. n2g

n2g

I really am totally staying at home for now. I'm retired so I don't have an excuse to not do it.

Spending way too much time on GT and surfing the web! I'm doing a good job resisting online shopping, however.

Watching most days' task force briefings.

Playing online Words with Friends with several friends. Solitaire sometimes.

Watching the serial killer channel (Discovery ID) too much. Watched a few movies including "Outbreak" again. I'm not a huge movie watcher, but I have a few dozen favorites that I can rewatch any time.

Read three books this week (one by Laci Peterson's mom, one about the little nuclear submarine NR-1, and one about some murders in NYC, all non-fiction). Also read half my Sunday School book. It's on the book of (Paul's letters to the) Romans and is rich in theology. I love to read so that is always a default for me.

Walked around my neighborhood, no other foot traffic. Sit outside on my deck in the pollen a lot. No hummingbirds yet but feeder is ready.

Need to clean out a closet, but that's no fun.

Cleaned a pistol that didn't really need cleaning last week. Need to still clean my new second Shield I finally got around to buying earlier this month, before the rush. I'm sort of saving that for when I do feel a little bored.

My older son is also stopping by; we sit outside in opposite corners of the deck. I'm enjoying that. (He's "essential," but Georgia isn't closed yet.) Also phone calls from some close friends and family as usual.

I'm doing much better than I'd have thought, actually. I quickly get cabin fever when three snowflakes snow me in for a few days.

I am getting tired of my own cooking, though. I see a "live dangerously" :) drive-thru pickup of Papa John's, which I'll put in the oven for a few minutes, probably coming on in the near future. Not going to risk going inside anywhere, or sending my son inside for me even though he has to be out and about and has offered.

Things will probably be the same for me for another month. Wonder how I'll being doing then! (Maybe crazy.)

Stay well.

18. Sechott

Sechott

I put together a Starkey and Hutch model Torino and bought a new pellet grill. Also I have a project to start on my truck, and working out with weights, treadmill and medicine ball.

19. DonMerlin

DonMerlin

2 more days off then my shift starts. 12 hour 7 on 7 off. Then back to the bunker.

20. bgirls

bgirls

Well that sucks for you, send tickets to daughter and I please. She will fly out of Ft Lauderdale and i from Richmond VA. PM For names. Thanks in advance!!!!