Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

How much coffee do you consume in a typical day?

• 1 to 2 cups

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • 3 to 4 cups

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • 5 to 7 cups

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • 8 to 10 cups

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • More than 10 cups.

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I don't know, but it's measured in gallons.

Votes: 9 5.3%
141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
3,063 Posts
Caffeine causes wrinkles, so I limit myself to just one cup in the morning. But I do miss that one cup since I gave it up for Lent. I even had a headache, but that's gone now. Scary how something as harmless as coffee can affect your body like that.

BF says he drinks coffee all day (like everybody else at Patrick) . I told him he's going to look like a bald prune (caffeine also causes hair loss in men). But he never listens to me anyway.

So how much do you drink?

Me being nosy again it's what I do.
It is suggested by study, that caffeine causes wrinkles, slowed healing, and aging of the skin due to dehydration. Caffeine is, after all, a natural diuretic.... BUT all of the effects of caffeine can be avoided or reversed by simply hydrating... drink two glasses of water for every cup of coffee you drink. and that's besides the normal 8 glasses a day you should drink. So, 8 glasses (normal per day), plus 4 glasses (for 2 cups of coffee), and you should be good to go.

Also, comparatively speaking, there are common foods that do the same thing... citrus fruits, flavored yogurts, bacon, alcohol, frozen pizza... all have similar effects. If you take care of yourself well enough, aka partake in moderation (as with anything) you can easily counter any aging effect, other than getting old.

141 - 142 of 142 Posts