GlockTalk Forum banner

How much coffee do you consume in a typical day?

• 1 to 2 cups

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • 3 to 4 cups

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • 5 to 7 cups

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • 8 to 10 cups

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • More than 10 cups.

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I don't know, but it's measured in gallons.

Votes: 9 5.3%
81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
64,998 Posts
I make what my Mr. Coffee says is 10 cups every morning. Sometimes I make a little extra around lunch time. I used to drink a lot.

Just checked out the new Black Rifle Coffee display at Cabela's and bought a bag of Blackbeard's Delight at lunch time.

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
Three 4 oz cups of coffee.

I was off caffeine for two years. I got caught up in the fad of getting up super early. Sometimes I would barely make it through the afternoon. At some point, I picked up caffeine again to try and keep up the super early schedule.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Three 4 oz cups of coffee.

I was off caffeine for two years. I got caught up in the fad of getting up super early. Sometimes I would barely make it through the afternoon. At some point, I picked up caffeine again to try and keep up the super early schedule.
So... you have one real cup of coffee ;)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The only way to measure your coffee. Learn the most simple technique.

I think that it depends on what people mean. I wouldn't use those tiny styrofoam coffee cups as a measure, as those are just for portability and convenience not a measuring system. Those are more like 4-6 ounces. Small diner mugs are possibly 6-8 ounces, but again, who says a measuring system is based on diner mugs?

Most coffee shops today that are dedicated to coffee start size at a 12 ounce cup of coffee for a small or "tall" at Starbucks, unless you are getting expresso. Then a large is usually 16 ounces. This is fairly standard in the US at major coffee shops, or even most local ones. They generally do not sell 4-8 ounce coffees except at a rare shop, with again the exception of expresso.

The official size of a cup of liquid is 8 ounces, which I suspect is what is being referred to in medical studies about the effects of caffeine or cups of coffee. I could be wrong there, but they are unlikely to change the definition of a "cup" of liquid.

Here is Mayo Clinic on the caffeine content of 8 ounces of coffee:

Caffeine content for coffee, tea, soda and more - Mayo Clinic

·
Patrol Corporal
1,051 Posts
I was unable to vote because there wasn’t a ‘none’ choice.
I wish I had never started because I don't like being dependent on it. But I'm hooked now and I hate headaches and I would have a lousy time with withdrawals.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Caffeine is the most used drug on the planet. I read it is greater than 90% of the global population that uses caffeine on a regular basis.

·
Patrol Corporal
1,051 Posts
I drink hot, black coffee. No sugar. No cream.
Other than the caffeine, not a whole lot there but hot water. I can even drink it before fasting blood work.
I think a "cup of coffee" is based on 6oz.
If that is the case, I used to drink 3 cups from 10-8 time through briefing, 3 more in the morning, and 3 in the afternoon.
I have tried to quit the afternoon coffee, or I try to drink decaf in the afternoon.
But I am hooked, good and proper. Three days without and I'm with headaches.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
3-4 Cups. Smelling a cup brewing as I type. Coffee helps to make people tolerable, that and a little snort in the afternoon cup.

·
Essential Deplorable
770 Posts
I wear a football helmet with a one gallon jug glued to the top. There is a tube from the jug to my mouth. Yummee

·
Lost in transit
6,622 Posts
edited to add --> [gbh said - "Zero. I love coffee but (it) hates me. "]

When I turned twenty my girlfriend (who was a year older than me) made me my first cup of coffee.

I took one (1) sip . . . and it made my stomach hurt so bad that it felt like I had just been stabbed with a dull, rusty, knife that was slowly being twisted in a circular pattern.

My girlfriend remarked, "Oh. Don't worry about that. You'll get used to that feeling."

My reaction? Why? Why should I want to drink something that makes my stomach hurt that badly?

I have never had another sip of coffee and to this day I cannot smell the smell of coffee.

Ever since grocery stores starting installing "grind your own" coffee bins . . . I avoid going down that entire aisle.

One of the most unpleasant things that I encounter on a daily basis ===> coffee breath.

Do coffee drinkers have any idea that their breath and clothing . . . stinks to high heaven?

Since this side topic has already been broached:

I have never smoked a cigarette or a cigar or a pipe or a hookah.

Do smokers have any idea that their breath and clothing . . . stinks to high heaven?

How does a coffee drinkers clothing smell? Are they spilling it on themselves? :ROFLMAO:

As for breath....

·
Premium Member
6,732 Posts
I just lost interest in coffee about 10 years ago. Same way as I lost interest in alcohol back in 2002. No complaints here.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts