Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

How much coffee do you consume in a typical day?

• 1 to 2 cups

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • 3 to 4 cups

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • 5 to 7 cups

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • 8 to 10 cups

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • More than 10 cups.

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I don't know, but it's measured in gallons.

Votes: 9 5.3%
61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
This winter, I've become quite coffee abusive. I am not sure how many I drink in a day. I guess it varies, but would like to know. I'll count it today. Got up at noon, because I was up all night (too much coffee?) This will be interesting!

Ended up drinking 7.5 cups. I checked the 5 to 7 box, so I exceeded my vote a by 4 ounces.

·
Señor Member
265 Posts
How many cups is two quarts?

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Señor Member
265 Posts
I guess two quarts is 8 cups. Half Gallon

·
Registered
12,542 Posts
Over 50 years, trying to graduate to being an adult, I ordered a cup of coffee at a high school football game. The price was $.10 where as it was $.05 any where else. I asked my dad whether coffee was always that bad. He said if you drink it outside the home, it can be pretty bad. That was my last cup.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Also, we have to clarify what is meant by "cups of coffee." Officially, a cup of coffee is 8 ounces, which is tiny.

I count my cups of coffee as one 16 ounce, mid-sized coffee you'd get at a gas station or any coffee shop. A grande at Starbucks.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Over 50 years, trying to graduate to being an adult, I ordered a cup of coffee at a high school football game. The price was $.10 where as it was $.05 any where else. I asked my dad whether coffee was always that bad. He said if you drink it outside the home, it can be pretty bad. That was my last cup.
Back in the day, before the rise of all these good coffee shops, most coffee wasn't very quality at let's say a diner or a gas station. They still aren't at those places. One can't judge coffee based on that. Most of that type of coffee came from ground, long-term stored cheap coffee. Coffee actually goes stale too, and that coffee is often sitting for months or even years.

It was like beer back in the day, where almost all of it was Budweiser type beer. Then there was the rise of much better quality, widely available beer in recent decades. People shouldn't judge all beer based on Budweiser.

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,735 Posts
I voted 3 to 4 cups. That is a typical day. But on one of those cold, wet, windy days when you don't go out the front door that coffee pots stays hot all day.

·
18,299 Posts
Aw man, you weren't drinking the right coffee, or it wasn't being made right for you....
I drank coffee regularly from 1967 to 2018. That's over 50 years. Do you think in all that time I never had anything that was any good? I tried grinding my own beans of many different varieties and used a french press and that was the closest I came to really good coffee and it was better than what you'd get at McDonald's or Denny's or at the chow hall when I was in the military but it still never tasted as good as it smelled. Maxwell House came up with that slogan back in the late 50's early 60's but it was a lie!

At one point I liked it with cream and sugar but it had to be real cream, not milk, and not powdered creamer, so I started drinking it black if I couldn't always have it the way I wanted it. I guess what it gets down to is that there are certain things that I like to be a certain way and if I can't have it my way I don't want it at all. I think the best coffee I ever had was a good strong dark roast with real cream and Kahlua instead of sugar but that's not something that you can drink on a regular basis and the alcohol dulls the effect of the caffeine.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I stopped drinking coffee two years ago. I wasn't getting a good caffeine buzz from it anymore no matter how strong I made it. And I never really drank it for the taste, which is why I could never see the point behind decaf. In my opinion, coffee rarely tastes as good as it smells.
In his commercial for Kava (a de-acidized instant coffee), Paul Harvey said that coffee without caffeine is like being kissed on the cheek. LOL!!

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
4,018 Posts
Usually two, but they are BIG cups, so probably four cups or a touch more.

·
Come on man!!
15,816 Posts
Four cups a day, at a minimum.

Two in the A.M., and we're talking big cups, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening around 18:00 or 19:00 hrs.

And then I take medication at bedtime to help me sleep.

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
Also, we have to clarify what is meant by "cups of coffee." Officially, a cup of coffee is 8 ounces, which is tiny.

I count my cups of coffee as one 16 ounce, mid-sized coffee you'd get at a gas station or any coffee shop. A grande at Starbucks.
I've always thought a "cup" of coffee is 6 ounces.

·
Why so serious?
65,653 Posts
2 cups

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Too much, but not as much as much as I used to.

There was a time when I measured my daily caffeine intake in grams, not milligrams.

But the heart and BP can't take it anymore.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Caffeine causes wrinkles, so I limit myself to just one cup in the morning. But I do miss that one cup since I gave it up for Lent. I even had a headache, but that's gone now. Scary how something as harmless as coffee can affect your body like that.

BF says he drinks coffee all day (like everybody else at Patrick) . I told him he's going to look like a bald prune (caffeine also causes hair loss in men). But he never listens to me anyway.

So how much do you drink?

Me being nosy again it's what I do.
Sooo for lent U gave up coffee
But
Did Not give up obsessing about coffee..

U have it bad!

61 - 80 of 142 Posts