GlockTalk Forum banner

How much coffee do you consume in a typical day?

• 1 to 2 cups

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • 3 to 4 cups

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • 5 to 7 cups

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • 8 to 10 cups

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • More than 10 cups.

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I don't know, but it's measured in gallons.

Votes: 9 5.3%
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caffeine causes wrinkles, so I limit myself to just one cup in the morning. But I do miss that one cup since I gave it up for Lent. I even had a headache, but that's gone now. Scary how something as harmless as coffee can affect your body like that.

BF says he drinks coffee all day (like everybody else at Patrick) . I told him he's going to look like a bald prune (caffeine also causes hair loss in men). But he never listens to me anyway.

So how much do you drink?

Me being nosy again it's what I do.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Define cup.

I bought a full size pot when my 4th mini pot died in less than 2 years. I measure out 2 cups of water when I am making it.

I do this every morning, usually once more around lunch time, sometimes 3 times.

·
Mentally Frozen
26,551 Posts
Probably around 4 cups. I like one in the afternoon too.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably around 4 cups. I like one in the afternoon too.
If I go out to dinner sometimes I order a Jamaican coffee for dessert.

Reactions: mj9mm and rayzer007

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I answered 3-4 cups. I fill a 14 oz Contico travel mug first thing in am and top it off as I leave the house. Finish it off 95% of the time.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I was working probably 10 cups a day.....not too many wrinkles though....the Budweiser plumps me right back out nice and smooth.
Alcohol causes wrinkles too. Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate your skin. They also accelerate hair loss.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It has been discovered that there are numerous health benefits to coffee. It is especially good for the liver, which is a key organ for the immune system. I drink black coffee over ice through the day until about 3:00. I can't stand hot beverages. I also drink a gallon or more of water a day as well.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I was unable to vote because there wasn’t a ‘none’ choice.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has been discovered that there are numerous health benefits to coffee.
Yes, it is an excellent source of antioxidants. One or two cups is actually good for you.

Then it must be the Camels that keep my complexion so nice and not even a smidgen of a Friar Tuck deal on the top of my noggin.
You need to quit smoking. Try the patch, it helped Daddy quit (plus me and Mommy yelling at him LOL).

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Well coffee helps prevent dementia, helps prevent several types of cancer. I always worked night shift, then there is the night shift in the Army. When I pass on the coffee industry will take a big hit.

·
It ain't over
8,126 Posts
Hannie, are you in cahoots with my doctor? Last week she asked me the same question. When I told her she freaked! She said she'd drink coffee all day too but too much caffeine is bad for you.

I told her I make a 12 cup pot (6 oz per cup is the definition) right away in the morning. I drink it thru my internet religion, videos of Bobber builds, Bannon's WRP, etc. Then I load my MP3 and go for a walk. When I return I make another pot and drink that in the afternoon. She wanted me to drop the second pot. We compromised at half regular, half decaf, for the second pot.

I've had some medical issues - some of them are more or less permanent. But my labs are all great. So she pretty much shakes her head and leaves me alone. I don't think my coffee habit is what's going to take me out... It will have to get in line.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts